Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Walker
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I recently for the first time played a 3/4 game of Earth Reborn. 2 of us have played before and the other 2 were brand new. That is why we did the simpler scenario. Though while playing this scenario, I started to wonder what can NORAD possibly do?

Vasquez and Woo can't really get into Combat with anyone let alone have extreme trouble breaking down doors above a 3 defense. Anyone else have this trouble? I understand we did have some bad rolls by Bolter attempting to break down doors, but as Vazquez I literally had no chance to break the 6 defense door.

Are we just playing it wrong? I believe the rules clearly states damage is cumulative (i.e. can't stack damage then break through the door on a later turn). Though I may be mistaken. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you did not say what scenario (or rules) were used in your game. I'm gussing scenario #1.

Yes,there is not much you can do with them. Even doors are a challenge. It's simply for teaching the bare-bones basics of the game.

We are in the middle of playing #4, and I can tell you, we will NEVER go back to 1 or 2 (even for begginers). I think if any new players to this game have had any type of RPG type game experience, you can toss them into scenarios with shooting/interupting/equipment the first time (Scenario #3 for example).

Only if players are unexperienced with a game of this genre would I ever start them at Scenario #1 again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had a problem with doors. Remember crit hits equal 3 damage. If you're really worried, use a 4 CP action, rolling 3 dice + your combat. Just with 3 dice, the odds of getting a 6 aren't bad...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Walker
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schnar, I understand crit hits are 3 damage. but Vasquez has only a +2 hits for Close Combat. Isn't there only 1 or 2 tiles that have a 4 close combat? And what if my opponent is stockpiling it for Jacksaw?

So I'm ok with it not being balanced, but I will consider just now starting with Ranged Weapons as well in Scenario#3. Can always play without interrupts, just have shooting and melee. Thanks for the inputs though guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gjertsen
United States
Trent Woods
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just about to ask a question about the same scenario, but ask it if were even possible for Salemites to win!

My (Salemite) strategy was to send Hollister in to fetch the keycard on her first turn (I was lucky I had a 3 movement) and quickly hand it off to Jack Saw. I didn't immediately head towards the exit to plug it; I figured I'd be better off in combat harassing the NORAD faction who would have to break doors. Deeler is not much of a match for Bolter, especially when Vasquez moves in behind and prevents his escape. Jack Saw went to try and saw Bolter's legs off, but Deeler died first, and the game went to NORAD, for a one basic reason:

Vasquez, Bolter, and Bill are so ridiculously fast. With a good order tile and no interrupts, they can simply outpace Salemites. They are virtually assured of great interrupt tiles because in the early game they have an overallocation of CP.

I feel like I need to understand a basic strategy for Salemites, especially when the NORAD victory condition involves escaping. They are too fast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.