Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When looking at games and publishers, I often come across dead/outdated links to manufacturers/ game-related websites. What's the best way to report this? Should I submit a correction with something like "Bad Link" in the "Note to Admin" field?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Providing direct links to the weblink page in the Note to Admin field will make things the most convenient. Thanks!

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean copying and pasting the link's URL into the Note field?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
If you click the title of the weblink (the left hand column of the section) it will take you to the weblink's page in the database.

Here is an example of a weblink page: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/weblink/88970/german-review-on-...

From this page an admin can easily test the link him/herself as well as edit or delete it as appropriate.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that makes sense. That's the only page that I know of where you can suggest a correction to a web link, so that's what I was talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
From the look of the corrections queue, you found the Submit Corrections button on the web link page, which is a great way to submit dead links like this.

I appreciate your link-hunting efforts, but don't get too ambitious about finding all the dead links on the site. A user programmed a crawl that finds links that are dead or re-direct, and I have a list of about 5,000 that need to be checked and removed and I'm waiting for the programmers to make me a tool to deal with them efficiently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott. That's good to know. I'm not out hunting, just reporting broken links as I come across them. I appreciate your Admin-ing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.