Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I placed my order today. My CC expires August of d10-2d10-0d10-1d10-3, so as long as it charges and ships by then, cool. thumbsup

Seriously, though, I'm REALLY looking forward to this, and hope it releases this year (even if not in the tentative July slot). It looks like it will be a LOT of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Pete. Each pre-order gets us closer to the numbers for a mounted map. It's like wargamers Groupon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1989Game wrote:
Awesome Pete. Each pre-order gets us closer to the numbers for a mounted map. It's like wargamers Groupon.

Heck, if I could justify it, I'd order two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Hammermueller
United States
Cedar Grove
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the number of orders required for a mounted map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hammermh wrote:
What is the number of orders required for a mounted map?

GMT has not given us a specific number, I imagine because production costs might change by the time the game goes to print. They have said they want to print it with a mounted map and will do that if there are enough pre-orders to make it feasible. They also said they will announce their decision before it goes to print so if they use a paper or deluxe style map instead you can change your mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Hammermueller
United States
Cedar Grove
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. I'm fairly new to GMT games (although I've owned Santa Fe forever - just wasn't familiar with their other games). Just discovered Twilight Struggles recently (love it) and am eagerly awaiting 1989!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Yeah I killed women and children, killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another and I'm here to kill you Little Bill"
badge
"It's a Sicilian message. It means Luci Brasi sleeps with the fishes."
mbmbmbmbmb
Once GMT announces that 1989 will be printed with a mounted map, I'm willing to bet it gets an additional 100+ preorders within two weeks.

BJ

devilThis comment assumes that GMT will be printing 1989 with a mounted mapdevil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm committed to it either way, but I agree that announcing a mounted map will probably get a decent flood of additional orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the difference between mounted and regular map?

Either way I ordered it today. My wife is from Poland and lived through communist rule. You know, waiting in line to buy toilet paper, not knowing what grapes tasted like until she was like nine years old. She's excited for the game. Unfortunately the only problem I see is that someone will have to play the communists. Which will probably have to be me, my wife still holds a grudge against the Russians.

Thank you for putting this game out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
What's the difference between mounted and regular map?

Either way I ordered it today. My wife is from Poland and lived through communist rule. You know, waiting in line to buy toilet paper, not knowing what grapes tasted like until she was like nine years old. She's excited for the game. Unfortunately the only problem I see is that someone will have to play the communists. Which will probably have to be me, my wife still holds a grudge against the Russians.

Thank you for putting this game out.

Mounted map means the normal boards from mainstream boardgames. Thick, hard board. GMT usually does maps on either thick paper or thin cardboard, so a mounted map is great for all of us who have transitioned from euro/more mainstream games over to wargames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Vosahlo
Czech Republic
Velvary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to have this with a mounted map, however I am about to place my order anyway now - Ted's avatar pushed me to do that :-)

Ted, is there at least a hint whether the map is going to be a mounted one, please?

Stupid me, the mounted map has been already announced in the news section of this board... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered my copy today. Why do all these neat-looking games get published??

Oh well, I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.