Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a double-dose of Power Struggle, this game was something of a cool-down for me. My previous forays into this took the maximum 7; here, we settled in for a 5-player game.

Clockwise from me: Keith L, Steve C (first game), Dave B (BGG's 'Dweeb'), Steve S

I drew Colossus (but still took a -1 total from military in the first round) and immediately went for (a) a good assortment of browns, and (b) a lot of early blues. Result: by the end of the first round I had accrued (including my initial ore) one of each base resource and 8 points' worth of blue buildings. The following round, I bolstered my resource reserves (playing the double-stone and double-ore browns), added to my blue total (two more cards for 8 points), hit a gold card for a cool 9 bucks, and started working my military by getting down Walls and building half my Wonder (tying my LHO but beating my RHO for a +3). I completely ignored the science greens (burying one my LHO could've used) and never did get down a gray 'upgraded good' card.

My first two choices in Round 3 involved keeping either a red 3-shield (to guaranteed a +10, though +5 was already well in hand) or getting down another blue (which I did do, getting 11 more for them; I would not see another blue for the rest of the game). I later snagged the gold card that gave cash and VPs for browns (I had 6 by then), would eventually grab one more red (my 7-shield total edged out my LHO, who had the ability to play a card from the discard pile at the end but opted for more science), ended up with a paltry guild (+3 for the negatives accrued by my neighbors), and hoarded enough cash (24 for 8 VPs) to gain my first win in three tries.

Final scores: me 61, Steve C 56, Steve S 55, Dave 52, Keith 34.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.