Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just finished a game of 7 Wonders, I had a group ready for my current personal favorite: Le Havre. One of my probable opponents, though, was finishing a game of Dungeon Lords, and I was interesting in getting in a quick 'filler' game. As luck would have it, Steve S (who I just finished playing against) had a copy of this game; after a brief reminder about how the game works, six of us took off.

Initial turn order: Bob S, Dave B (BGG's 'Dweeb'), Steve C, Steve S, me, Keith L.

I was fortunate to have a Wild from the start, and used it early on to snag 15 points when everyone else got out with about 9 ... but at 21 points total, I was still only around the middle of the pack. Worse, I had 6 cards at one point, all green and purple. This caused me to bail early at times to avoid drawing; when I did roll, I got a red-yellow combo on the 4 level and watched others bail out before I crashed. (Keith, in particular, seemed to bail out more than a couple times for one point ... and was right about it when a crash came quickly. Later, it was revealed that he had a ton of yellow cards and expected many crashes when yellow got rolled.

Near the end, Keith was sitting on 46 points (50 ends the game), Steve S with 46, and me holding off the others for 3rd with 36. I still had no Wild, but somehow drew only red and yellow for 5 straight turns, while holding onto my green and purple. This helped me stick around while Keith bailed at the 6 level (guaranteeing an end to the game) and Steve S held out until 15 (finishing with a whopping 61). I made my roll at the 15 mark to get to 20, but had to watch Dave roll for himself, me, and Steve C. As it turned out, Dave had a Wild to play at the end; we all got 25 for the round, and I ended up tied for the victory. (Keith was most unfortunate at the end, setting for 5th after starting the round in the lead and 4 points away from ending it.)

Final scores: Steve S & me 61, Dave 59, Steve C 58, Keith 53, Bob 48.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.