Caleb Wynn
United States
Cartersville
Georgia
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question about a situation with the Trader last night.

The player traded hands with another player in the planing phase. Upon recieving that player's hand, he got the trader flare. He uses the super flare. Is he able to trade hands again? The flare states that he can use his power to trade, but he has already used his power. The question is this, does a flare allow one to use his or her power twice in a turn?

I wasn't in this game, but the table voted due to an argument and said yes. I am posting for them to get a definite answer.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, only one time per encounter. The only way a flare would let you use your power more than once is if it specifies on the card that you can do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Trader should probably say "When using your power, you may..." like other super flares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Cartersville
Georgia
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! I told them correctly. After the game, I showed up (I had my own game night and when that ended, headed over to this one) and they asked what I thought and I said that if the Trader had used his power already, the flare wouldn't allow him to use his power again.

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.