Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Smith
United States
New Albany
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm creating a Superhero game and I need 4 superhero pawns, but preferably generic looking ones. Something like Superman. Just a normal guy in tights, with a cape. Nothing special, or any markings on it. They need to be small, miniature sized pawns so that at least two can fit on a square inch of a "city tile". I found some on a miniatures / war gaming site not long ago and they were perfect but I don't know what site that is ... cry

I also need generic bad guy pawn pieces. I need like a hundred or so... but I'm just thinking of using VERY generic bowling pin style plastic pawns you get real cheap like 4 cents a pawn. Anyway, thanks for any help or sites you can link me to! I'd appreciate it!

Derek
[the HERALD of LIGHT]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look on ebay for heroclick figures, they are not generic but you can get them cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Woodard
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to Toys R Us, you can find inexpensive bags of heroes. They're Marvel superheroes but they may do in a pinch.

Other than that, look to party supply stores or the same section at Walmart or other store. They usually have generic toys like this for party favors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Lubbers
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rebel Minis has some 15mm size super-hero figures. They would fit your size requirements. You would have to paint them yourself if you wanted some color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ameritrash
United States
Statesboro
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
AFC
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconding the HeroClix suggestion. I have a friend who repaints them (and sometime modifies them in other ways) to create minis for his own superhero characters. They look great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Smith
United States
New Albany
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the heroclix aren't really what I'm looking for. They're too specific - actual heroes. I just need 1 very generic superhero looking figure that I can get 4 of, and then paint them each a different color, for each player in the game. Something very simple. My game is based on the game ZOMBIES!! so if you remember, they use very small, plastic generic "dude holding a shotgun" and he's in different colors for multiple players. That's what I need - only a generic superhero. I've found several searching around, but none of them are just basic and generic enough lol

EDIT: update!

I found this on the web, and this is pretty much what I'm looking for. I may get this... anybody have anything similar to this that they know of??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heraldoflight wrote:

I found this on the web, and this is pretty much what I'm looking for. I may get this... anybody have anything similar to this that they know of??

This miniature is from the reaper chronoscope line and I think it's a good choice. Many miniatures, superheroes and villians to choose from.
I'm not sure about the size though, they are 25mm.
Here are other examples:

Another possibility could be the pulp-city miniatures:

It's all about superheroes versus villians

They even have citizen tokens:

Also a generic system, but I think they are 28mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Smith
United States
New Albany
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow!! Those citizen tokens would work perfectly for my bad guys. I wonder if I can order a hundred of just one guy haha

Thanks for all the info you gave!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrashGameLover wrote:
Seconding the HeroClix suggestion. I have a friend who repaints them (and sometime modifies them in other ways) to create minis for his own superhero characters. They look great.

So do I Batman has been a demon and is now a purple costumed hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ameritrash
United States
Statesboro
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
AFC
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
TrashGameLover wrote:

So do I Batman has been a demon and is now a purple costumed hero.

My friend says that for modification purposes, the DC characters tend to be the most flexible, because DC heroes are more likely to be pretty much just wearing colored tights (as opposed to Marvel heroes, who have more molded details that are recognizable as belonging to a particular character). YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.