Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased and played this game and loved it. I was just curious if others have soldiers that have excess glue on and around their feet. I only ask because when I look online at pictures of other mini's I don't see anything like this. Some of mine look like they are standing in puddles and others have glue covering their boots etc.

Did I just get a bad batch from a sloppy assembler? I don't think it bugs me enough to do anything about it... it just adds to my pet peeve that it hard to find pride in manufacturing anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
angler wrote:
I recently purchased and played this game and loved it. I was just curious if others have soldiers that have excess glue on and around their feet. I only ask because when I look online at pictures of other mini's I don't see anything like this. Some of mine look like they are standing in puddles and others have glue covering their boots etc.

Did I just get a bad batch from a sloppy assembler? I don't think it bugs me enought to do anything about it... it just adds to my pet peeve that it hard to find pride in manufacturing anymore.

Sounds like a bad batch. If they had that much left over glue, they could have shipped it to FFG to use on their Battlelore games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Wilhelm
France
Metz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem (and so does a friend of mine), but, strangely enough, only with the allies...
So, it's not just a bad batch, but maybe a problem with recent copies of the game, since mine is a French edition.
On the positive side, it brings some glitter to the troops but the stench is really annoying. For, indeed, on opening the box, the smell of glue is terrible...

Doesn't affect my love for this game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Subject: Gluey footed soldiers

RaoulVolfoni wrote:
...since mine is a French edition.

Nope, as far as I'm aware, the French never acquired a reputation for being slow on their feet. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheet
United States
Rochester
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Wilhelm
France
Metz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
Nope, as far as I'm aware, the French never acquired a reputation for being slow on their feet.[/b][/i][/COLOR] whistle

Nay, We do go "boldly" if that's what you mean.
Or is it the other way round?whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.