Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'll start with a few mistakes I noticed:

- Zombie 1 and 2 show the wrong picture (compared to the text on the base of the figure
- In scenario 1 (and 2), there is one 4x3 room tile which has a yellow border in the middle of the tile around a barrel and crates (?). Now, there is only one border, but 2 different defense values - shouldn't there be 2 distinct borders then on the tile? Because the rules say, after a succesful attack on the floor tile, all its squares are destroyed, what is probably not valid for this special tile

Now, the questions:

LOS:
One fact I found confusing: the walls on diagonals go a little bit beyond their own floor space, i.e a wall covers one edge and a little bit of the next, adjacent edge. Now, the LOS rules say you draw a line from one center to the other. If I do that on a diagonal, LOS would ALWAYS be blocked. I guess this is just a graphical thing, or was that intended? The examples seem to imply that it was NOT intended

Interruption:
Let's say character A enters character B's LOS, and is 5 spaces away. B successfully interrupts, plays an order tile, moves adjacent to A, and attacks with close combat. Now A continues is move (being adjacent to B) and moves aroud B, entering another space which is adjacent to A - may B interrupt again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Varan
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of mistakes, I couldn't build the map for scenario #4 exactly the way it was shown. Two of the 1x3 tiles used were on flip sides of the same tile in my set, so I had to substitute a 1x2 and a 1x1 for one of them. It was nothing that impacted gameplay, just a cosmetic difference, so no big deal.

I also noticed the same thing about the Zombie pictures being switched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this is something that Z-Man Games can replace if contacted? They once replaced my faulty deck of cards from Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the files section, you'll see you can download and print out the corect Zombie stickers.

In LoS rules, if your trying to check for line of sight via a diaganol, if just one of the two squares touching that diagonal are empty, you can have LoS. I beleive that's what you are refering to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with the map #4 setup is noted in the errata on their web site. As you said, it was no big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Varan
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple Paladin wrote:
If you look at the files section, you'll see you can download and print out the corect Zombie stickers.

I just checked the files section and didn't see the stickers. Did I miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:

Interruption:
Let's say character A enters character B's LOS, and is 5 spaces away. B successfully interrupts, plays an order tile, moves adjacent to A, and attacks with close combat. Now A continues is move (being adjacent to B) and moves aroud B, entering another space which is adjacent to A - may A interrupt again?

If you mean "may B interrupt again" I believe the answer here is yes. The first interrupt is triggered by entry into line of sight, whereas the second is triggered by entry into an adjacent space. Two different events can trigger interrupts on the same activation. If the scenario had simply been that A had moved into B's LoS again on the same activation (not adjacent), then the answer would be no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Purple: Yes, I am somehow referring to that - the floor tiles just look like both sides of the corner have walls: On edge is completely covered with walls, the adjacent pieces have just a very little piece of walls but enough to block a line between the 2 space-centers (although I donÄt think that was intended).

@Paul: My example above was a bit more complex, with the interrupting B moving adjacent to A before A may continue his move. Maybe you would like to read it again above? Any feedback would be welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Walker
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavo, I have the same question as well. I think per rules it's only 1st time in LoS or as soon as a character is in an adjacent space.

By B moving into the adjacent space next to A then attacking through the interrupt action, once A continues his movement he started adjacent so then eventually became adjacent again, so not possible to interrupt? That's a good question. Depending if A went out of adjacent spaces? Could he then be interrupted when he moved back into an adjacent space?

I'm wanting to say B cannot interrupt the 2nd time A enters his adjacent space, because A after being interrupted was adjacent to "begin with" after continuing his previous movement before the first LoS interruption followed by Close Combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wall corners don't block LoS, it says so in the rules. Here are a couple of examples you might find useful: Line of sight exactly between two blocking squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks zoran,example 1 by Chris in the thread you mentioned is exactly what I meant: If you look at the picture, there is a small piece of wall that goes beyond the corner of the two squares - so, when drawing a line between 2 square centers, you have to ignore thos wall pieces, otherwise your LOS-result will be wrong.

But the interrupt-question is still unclear to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you mean can B interrupt again, I think he can because the rules say it's when A enters a square adjacent to B for the first time in that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, that was a mistake, I also corrected it above - here once again:

Quote:
Interruption:
Let's say character A enters character B's LOS, and is 5 spaces away. B successfully interrupts, plays an order tile, moves adjacent to A, and attacks with close combat. Now A continues is move (being adjacent to B) and moves aroud B, entering another space which is adjacent to A - may B interrupt again?

I am not that sure, if B can interrupt again because both were adjacent before the interruption. But I see your point - anything official would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:

Interruption:
Let's say character A enters character B's LOS, and is 5 spaces away. B successfully interrupts, plays an order tile, moves adjacent to A, and attacks with close combat.

So far so good.

mavo wrote:
Now A continues is move (being adjacent to B) and moves around B, entering another space which is adjacent to A - may B interrupt again?

Now I understand what you're saying. A resumes his turn and is already adjacent to B because of B's interrupt movement. So the question becomes if A is already adjacent, can B interrupt when A moves to another adjacent square.

If I read the following rule closely:

Quote:
The non-Active player can ask for a Duel when the activated Character enters an adjacent square for the first time this round.

My answer is no. We're still in the current round, and A has not entered an adjacent square to B for the first time this round (he was already adjacent when he resumed his round, so he didn't "enter" anything, and ending his movement in an adjacent spot still doesn't trigger the condition since the adjacency never changed).

Now if your scenario involved A leaving the adjacent zone and re-entering adjacency (in character B's LoS), then yes, B could interrupt again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul - you see, we have opinions for both options.

Quote:
Now if your scenario involved A leaving the adjacent zone and re-entering adjacency (in character B's LoS), then yes, B could interrupt again.

I think I am not sure what you mean... would you explain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:

Quote:

I think I am not sure what you mean... would you explain?

Deeler's turn. Deeler enters Vasquez's LoS. Vasquez interrupts and runs up to Deeler, hitting him with close combat and remaining adjacent. Deeler resumes his turn, moves away from the adjacent square. He makes a boneheaded move and returns to an adjacent square (in Vasquez's LoS)... Vasquez can interrupt, since Deeler is entering an adjacent square to Vasquez for the first time in the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In your post above you said that this is not possible... I'm a bit confused. I guess there is no possibility to go from one square DIRECTLY to another square. There's always a diagonal square in between (or the field where the character stands), and that square is not adjacent anyway. So, the situation you described (with Deeler and Vasquez) and the one I described are the same, I guess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
There's always a diagonal square in between (or the field where the character stands), and that square is not adjacent anyway. So, the situation you described (with Deeler and Vasquez) and the one I described are the same, I guess...

Hmmm, I guess you're right. I wasn't thinking about those diagonal squares that are technically not adjacent. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dodge
United States
PACIFIC PALISADES
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the straightforward answer would be no, there no adjacent interrupt attempt since the interrupting player moved adjacent to the active figure. The rules are a bit ambiguous on this, but the intent seems to be that there can be a duel the first time the active character becomes adjacent to the enemy figure, and that's how they should have phrased it.

Even stranger is that the active character can choose their miniature's facing when the non-active player asks for a duel, even if they aren't in the context of a movement order! So if a player wants to do a close combat order to an adjacent enemy, but maybe your target isn't in your dark blue arc, you can adjust your facing if the opponent asks for a duel, if you win, you can then use a close combat order without needing to blow a CP on movement to turn around...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer to my "Interrupt" question:
http://forum.earthreborn.ludically.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=...

Summary: No, interrupting is not possible in the case described above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.