United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this game been reprinted recently?

I thought it was almost impossible to find and I in fact stumbled upon my copy at an antique store for a great price.

But the other day I was shocked to see several copies for sale at a local game store.

Just wondering if this is a new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vormwald1 wrote:
Has this game been reprinted recently?

I thought it was almost impossible to find and I in fact stumbled upon my copy at an antique store for a great price.

But the other day I was shocked to see several copies for sale at a local game store.

Just wondering if this is a new edition.

As far as I know it went out of print about 2 years ago.
But all that means is that the publisher sold all their copies to stores/customers, and will not reprint; it doesn't mean the stores have necessarily sold all their copies. So not surprising there are still some floating around (although multiple at one store is a little surprising!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Its nowhere to be found across the water in the UK, sold out, or unavailable and unfortunately where I'm from we don't have many stores that carry non-mass market board games... so its proving nigh on impossible for me to pick a copy of this up, be it used or new.

Hearing that you guys across the way still have it available at all in any store, let alone that there are multiple's in a single store is hard to take!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hereford
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I agree, Ezeqiel! I ordered a copy of Viking Fury instead. It's still a great game and will keep me happy till Fire and Axe pops up on ebay...whenever that may be. I painted the tea towel board to make it more bearable to look at. And actually, I quite like its rough-and-readyness.

It's surprising that Fire and Axe isn't in print, seeing as there certainly seems to be demand for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivorymike wrote:
I painted the tea towel board to make it more bearable to look at. And actually, I quite like its rough-and-readyness.

What did you use to paint your VF board? I thought about it but was afraid I would screw it up. Also, do you have a photo you could post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hereford
flag msg tools
mbmb
I used acrylic paint, and applied it thinly and nearly dry so I could build it up gradually. Before I started I was nervous about wrecking it, but I got the hang of it as I went along. I'll post a pic when I finally find the cable to my digital camera.

The next thing is to make the treasure tokens stand out a bit more when they're face down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your pic.

I borrowed city pieces from the new Warrior Knights and just wrote the values on the bottom sides with magic marker. Then I did an oil paint wash on the cites, brown for the towns and gold for Rome, Paris etc. Worked out pretty well.

For the ships I painted up some galleons from a 70's-era copy of Conquest, which look much better that the supplied ones.
I use the little plastic stands for ship counters I made and use them on the victory point track.

I also made and laminated new ship cards with the same design as the victory track counters.

And just for fun, I made my own Rune deck so that I could put the extra Asmodee cards in play.

While I still would love the Asmodee version because it's gorgeous, I think I have pimped my Viking Fury pretty well, but coloring the board will be the final touch.

Once I paint my board I'll post a pick of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!

Based on the amount of inquiries I've received via geekmail, this must be one sought after game.

Glad I was lucky enough to find a copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ezeqiel wrote:

Its nowhere to be found across the water in the UK, sold out, or unavailable and unfortunately where I'm from we don't have many stores that carry non-mass market board games... so its proving nigh on impossible for me to pick a copy of this up, be it used or new.

Hearing that you guys across the way still have it available at all in any store, let alone that there are multiple's in a single store is hard to take!

Would GERMAN copies be of any use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikaël Leferfort
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
You can check on store that have some shop accross the town / country, sometime they just keep it in their storage because they don't want it to take the spot of a newer game.
I tried here in Montréal in this kind of store and I ask them to bring it to me, finally I've got it for the regular price, sealed
Good Luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.