Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Afraid Yet?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

I hope some of you war gamers out there are having the same trouble I have. I enjoy World War 2 games, but I am finding them either too large and complex to have set up in my home. Not to mention very time consuming in setup, rules and overall scope. I love detail and would like to have as much time and commitment as would be needed for large WWII game such as World in Flames.

To cut to the chase, I am looking for a recommendation of a strategic level game that encompasses the entirety of the war. From Europe to the Pacific. The political portion and production aspect would be bonuses as well. Naval combat would also be a plus. But I am looking for a game that doesn't take days and days to play and is an absolute monster in space and time. I have ASL for Tactical, and I know which games I would get for operational.

Does a game like this exist? And, no I'm not talking about Axis in Allies at all.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope others will chime in, because it's a great question.

Have you looked at Europe Engulfed paired with Asia Engulfed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could consider pre-ordering: World in Flame: Blitz

Its from the makers of World in Flame (A.D.G.) and its quite literally the Light Version of World in Flames!!! Exactly what the doctor ordered or at least
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb

You could also consider getting an old copy of Rise and Decline of the Third Reich, which is rather dense, but is smaller than WiF and an excellent game. Another worth consider is Totaler Krieg!, but this isn't much better than WiF really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfink wrote:
World in Flame: Blitz

+1

F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.