Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Lifeboat» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mugging an unconscious, dying overboard, order of overboard & thirst rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Golomazov
msg tools
Hello,
Excellent game.
I have several questions about the rules.

1. What is the order of going overboard and becoming thirsty? If I have 2 hitpoints and I go overboard and feel thirsty, do I die overboard or return on the boat and then become unconscious?
2. If a character goes overboard, he loses all his face-up cards, except life preserver. What if a character goes overboard and dies, does he lose all his face-down cards?
3. If you attack an unconscious or dead character (by mugging or changing seats), can anybody defend him and start a fight? Or you always can do what you want with him without a fight?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for liking Lifeboat.

1. Resolve birds first. If the 4th bird is found, nobody goes overboard or is thirsty. Next resolve overboard. the character in the water suffers a wound. If this drops them to zero, they sink to the bottom of the sea with all they are carrying. Finally resolve the thirsts. All thirsts are simultaneous. In the "Liquid Courage" expansion, Madame Wong drinks last. Otherwise characters drink simultaneously. In your example above, you'd suffer one of your two hit points and then climb back into the boat and drift into unconsciousness due to thirst.

2. Yes. Dead in the water means you lose everything (in this case, even the life preserver as your corpse drifts away from the boat.

3. You cannot attack anybody ever in this game. You can mug or change seats. Only the target of a mugging or seat change can object to this and start a fight. The unconscious and the dead can not object. Thus, you can take from the weak with impunity. Don't you feel good about yourself now?

Cheers,
js
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.