Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Cross
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine and I have played a few war games together as opposing forces. I am looking for a war game that is similar to Ambush that will allow multiple players to join forces on the same team and play against the game itself. Ambush is a great game, but I am looking for something with depth that plays in a shorter amount of time and works well with team play. I also have ToI and CoH, but to my knowledge neither of these games will play with "solitaire teams". I like rolling dice and don't really care for the card mechanic, although I won't rule that out at this point in time. Any ideas or comments?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Pozun
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent played any, but I wanted to toss out an idea for Fortress America, I think it's along those lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Ebonsword
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spozun wrote:
I havent played any, but I wanted to toss out an idea for Fortress America, I think it's along those lines.

It's been many years since I played Fortress America, but I'm pretty sure that you cannot play it "true" co-op (that is, players against the game itself).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Cross
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathon, you are correct. FA is a single player against either 1, 2, or 3 other opponents.

I was looking at games such as Lock 'N' Load, Frontline D-Day, etc. Any other ideas out there?

Ebonsword wrote:
spozun wrote:

It's been many years since I played Fortress America, but I'm pretty sure that you cannot play it "true" co-op (that is, players against the game itself).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean MacDoanld
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first read the title of this thread, I immediately thought of George Carlin's bit on "The Civil War". I would post a link but some people might think George Carlin is inappropriate.

So, If you like, look it up on YouTube.com. Very funny Stuff

-Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose you could do Frontline D-Day in solitaire with each of you running half of the squads for one side, sure. If you don't mind WW2 miniatures, Two Hour Wargames NUTS! Second Edition is great solo since the "chain reaction system" takes care of the opposing side. You can always just hack a game together using standard chits and drawn terrain pieces (I still play my 10mm CrossFire games with wet-eraser drawn terrain on a vinyl grass matboard) since I can't afford or want terrain bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.