Subject: Yishun Board Gamers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

I just started board gaming recently and i really think its fun and interacting with people is great. But the down side is to get people with same frequency to enjoy board games, especially when you need physical people to play together.(not like over the internet)

I have bought couple of new games like Arkaham Horrow, Memoir 44, Dominion and Agricola. Usually i would play with my gf just mainly 2 of us, periodically my friends would join in. I'm thinking of expanding my group of friends in board games who don't mind meeting in North for gaming session.

Let me know if anyone is interested, perhaps once a weekday night regualr gaming seesion?

Leave me a message and i hope to see any of you guys soon. Good gaming!

Cheers.
Andy Tan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try attending the Toa Payoh board game meetup to find more kakis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Thanks for the advice Jerome. But where can I get information about the gaming session and whom should I lias with? Is there a link where I can find more information?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.meetup.com/Boardgames-Singapore/ There's almost an event every week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Quek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andy,

I am in the same situation as you are! Mainly just me and my girlfriend playing games togther. I am in Yishun during weekends as my parents stay there. Occassionally, we have up to 5 friends to join, so my car boot is always full of games. I have around 70+ games, currently playing more of:
Fresco
Finca
At the Gate of Loyang
Jamaica
Stone Age
Bombay
Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a session for 4!

Cheers
Quentin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a meetup this Sunday at Toa Payoh Central CC. 5th Floor, room 05 I think. 3pm - 7 pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June Hwang Wah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
Welcome to the hobby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heres the link to the info.

http://www.meetup.com/Boardgames-Singapore/events/16657143/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
chunb wrote:
Hi Andy,

I am in the same situation as you are! Mainly just me and my girlfriend playing games togther. I am in Yishun during weekends as my parents stay there. Occassionally, we have up to 5 friends to join, so my car boot is always full of games. I have around 70+ games, currently playing more of:
Fresco
Finca
At the Gate of Loyang
Jamaica
Stone Age
Bombay
Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a session for 4!

Cheers
Quentin

Hi Quentin,

I have recently bought some new games too. Me and my gf wouldn't mind trying out new games. where do you usually play? We could find some place to play in yishun?

I will need to see if this coming weekend i'll be available.

Will drop you PM with my contacts. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriel Soo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@Andy
I forgot to reply your message from the AGoT thread earlier, sorry about that. Don't visit this forum that often... Yishun is a little far as i stay in the Upper Bt Timah area, BUt if there is a place to meet up for some games, I am open to meeting a couple times to see how it goes.. If the sessions are a blast as i hope they will be, then the distance will seem to gradually shrink hahaz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Leung
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hi Andy! Sam here.

Saw your post and decided to respond because I live in Sembawang and had recently just got into Board gaming.

I am excited that there is somebody else who plays Board game living so close by. I have lots of friends but somehow the most I could get anyone to play that wasn't Taboo or Monopoly was Munchkin(great for parties) and Dixit(which is rather interesting in my opinion).

I have difficulty in getting people to play games that require a long play time per round.Anything above 90mins seems too long to non gamers.
I suppose spare time is just a luxury in Singapore.

Recently I bought last night on earth and was totally hooked to it. The game mechanics and scenarios really worked so well with the theme! I was hoping to find more players 2-6 players.

Games I own that I eventually wanna try out...

Ghost Stories
Conquest of planet Earth
Monsterpocalypse
Once upon a time
Ultimate werewolf
Aye my lord...

I think u might notice I am more attracted to "monster" themed games.
What is your favorite game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all,

next upcoming meetup is at kembangan cc
http://www.meetup.com/Boardgames-Singapore/events/15765124/

i am organising a meetup (but in the west) on 26th march from 3pm to 11pm

http://www.meetup.com/Boardgames-Singapore/events/16732968/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriel Soo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@ Sam

You have Monsterpocalypse?! WHo do you play with? I despair finding players for that, after the gaming group in PI kinda died from lack of fresh blood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Leung
Singapore
flag msg tools
Yo Gabriel!!!

First of all, I have only have three the battle box sets shared within me and my friend. We haven't played cos I just got them. We really wanted to play a miniature game like heroscape but that got rather unattainable, Monpoc seemed like it was a good choice now that they are going a bit more mainstream and have a movie in the works with Tim Burton directing.

Anyways, I am totally interested to play and wouldn't mind meeting up but I hope you are patient cos I am really new to this.

I have an I pad and downloaded all the ability cards and I think that might help. My schedules pretty tight this month but just Pm me your no and we will work it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.