3 Posts

Nations at War: White Star Rising» Forums » General

Subject: Fan Scanarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald Foley

Massachusetts
msg tools
Has this game been out long enough, and have enough regard with the fans to generate any fan scenarios? Some of the older games like ASL or Panzerblitz have dozens of good fan made scanarios. I have been looking on the net for scanarios for this game, but can't find any yet. Do you have one waiting for the public? Post it! 16 scenarios in the book is a lot, but we need more. Want to keep the enjoyment going for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lohse
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald... I imagine there are a few fan generated ones out there that someone has made but it migth be another year or so until you start to see a lot of them. Once there are more items in the series [say Desert Heat] to mix forces between and it the game has been out a bit longer [so more people playing and running through all the scenarios] I imagine you will start to see more fan made scenarios as well as fan made expansions... just look at Chris Ono's work in the WaW series.

It is also worth noting that there is another reason you might not have seen fan generated ones yet. I have a decent number of scenarios on my computer [which generally need more playtesting] but those have been designed for inclusion in the LnLP [roughly] quarterly magazine Line of Fire at some point in the future. I could have released the scenarios elsewhere, but submitting scenarios for inclusion in LOF seems like a way to help LnLP. Given the number of people who have had WaW scenarios published in previous issues of LOF, I think this may apply to a lot of other people who design scenarios as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Foley

Massachusetts
msg tools
Hey, thanks. I will take a look at Line of Fire for sure. Who knows, maybe I will submit a scenario myself once I get a better feel for the game. Also if you are looking for a play tester for your scenarios I would be glad to help out. Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.