Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased bang! last week because of the great reviews on bgg. I've since played it several times with a group of four, and it has gone over too well. It seems to run slow/nobody really gets into it. I know that it can be a lot of fun, but I seem to be having trouble convincing everyone else. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Question...
mfaulk80 (#476283),
I've only had 2 girls drop out my games, im a new player maybe 12 play now! and its indemand to bring it to the next gathering.
also have 2 girls who loved the game,

each game ive played has been 5 player.

May try and get in to the roll more? 1st tiem we played all the moive quotes came out,

Dance boy!
walla walla waaa sound effects
yeee haw
you dirty rat etc...
AND
I shot the sherrif! but I did not shoot the deputy

what can/is go/ing slow?
play a bang and play a missed? are people allways questioning what the cards do? my group allways get cat ballu and panic mixed up, and try to keep when they shoudl flip but other then that its grapsed aftet the 1st deck shuffle.

I tend to keep the book card out of the 1st time though the deck, add them too the 2nd suffle untill every one understands the basics.

I do think some of the guns need chaning or an extra power added as if you play with 4 or 5 most people are in range with the 3 gun making the 4-5 gun redundent,

so you make make a rule if you have 2+ guns you can play 2 bangs in one turn..
something im thinking of doing.

erm ive just got highnoon and dodge city but yet to play with them, I dont think my group has the basics yet to even try, I have one very slow people in my group! i have no hope for them doubt they would pick up snap!

on our 1st time around we where playing beer wrong playing it as a missed, instead of on your turn only.
also special powers tend to be forgtten as is the barrel!
much to the players disspoint ment when they have passed there go and notice!

I've been watching westerns again because of this game.

are you players keep there roles hidden and do they know the renigade should realy help the sherrif 1st off?
do your outlaws work together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky (#476337),
and the sexual inuendo of course

I bang you!
I bang all of you!
I bang you in prison!
(in Uk Banging is a sexual tearm)

can not fail to get a smirk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky (#476338),

And don't forget the chance to brag about how big your "gun" is . We got a pretty good laugh when I pointed out it was right there out on the table for eveyone to see .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mathue,

Re:
It seems to run slow/nobody really gets into it. I know that it can be a lot of fun, but I seem to be having trouble convincing everyone else. Any suggestions?

The game is a richer game with 5 or more player's. The introduction of the deputy in the 5+ player games means there are 3 unknown allegiances at the start of the game instead of just the Renegade and Outlaw. Also more players means that better guns or horses need to found to
reach targets which are further round the table.
Simply having more players to shoot at adds a lot more variety too.

There a 3 teams in each game of Bang so the game is well suited to a group of competitive individuals who like to team up against an enemy and laud it over the losers. Is it possible that your group prefers less competitive games?

If speed alone is the issue everyone should gang up against anyone taking too long to play a card. If they are not fast enough to draw, they are not fast enough to shoot.
Threaten to take away their right to play a bang card if they take too long. That should do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bandit Ripshawd
United States
Sioux Center
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Steve99 (#477030),

Slow games are inevitable with Bang! with new players. It is due to the numerous decisions being made each turn, weighing your opponent's hands and the value of your cards. General Stores tend to be really slow with unexperienced players. It's one of those games that people have to be willing to get past the learning curve portion of the game to the point when it gets quick and fun. Also, there are just some people who don't enjoy this game... I introduced it to a group of people who normally hate to play games, and 3 out of 4 of them are clamoring to play it again. It's a great game, just not for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.