Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good deal, you guys flagging it should be flagged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCarroll
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
Check out my reviews at www.nerdbloggers.com
badge
Hi!
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of whether or not this is a good deal, it's not a boardgame related deal. There is a hot deals forum in the RPG section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wr3nch wrote:
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
This is a good deal, you guys flagging it should be flagged.

Could someone please tell me what the problem with my post is? I placed my listing here on BGG because ideally I would prefer to deal with this community and pay the commission (which will be sizable) to BGG rather than another venue like Ebay because I am most interested in supporting this site. I have had a number of great BGG marketplace transactions (as both a buyer and seller) which is why I chose to list my items here exclusively. If this doesn't work I will try Ebay but still link that transaction here so BGG gets a commission as well.

I am expecting a baby next month and I am slowly realizing that I will not be able to enjoy my D&D products as I had originally intended.

I am always open for questions of any kind just message me through BGG.

Thanks for your time,

Todd

One of the rules of the Hot Deals forum is that you aren't supposed to post your own deals. Or at least, I think it is- I can't find actual forum rules anywhere to cite.

Also, there is a RPG geek hot deals forum, right here:

http://www.rpggeek.com/forum/379432/rpg/hot-deals

so even if your post is legit for Hot Deals, it should have been posted there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Users have posted deals on PC games and iOS implementations of board games in this forum; this post is much more relevant to BGG, so I don't see why it should be flagged. Sure, it probably should have gone into the GeekBay subforum rather than Hot Deals, but I am surprised that it has been flagged enough to be hidden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it goes without saying, posting deals related to gaming is within the spirit of this forum. After all, the purpose of this forum is to give updates on things boardgamers may like. It certainly isn't a stretch to think gamers may like D&D.

And really... there is only a few updates (If that) per day. It's not like Hot Deals is being bombarded with updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I think its basically people wanting this to not turn into a classified ad section. Thats why it says no dealers and people aren't supposed to post their own offerings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb

Wr3nch received permission from me to post this as the current Marketplace does not accommodate these kinds of large multi-item package deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Branch
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad he was given the ok to list this outstanding deal! Excellent package
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. I posted something similar a few days ago for Paizo flip-mats for precisely the same reason, Octavian. I didn't think to seek permission but it seemed pretty clear that the marketplace isn't equipped to handle these types of items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
hezkezl wrote:
Regardless of whether or not this is a good deal, it's not a boardgame related deal. There is a hot deals forum in the RPG section.

From the reviews I've read about 4E D&D, it pretty much is a board game and NO roleplaying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
ASLChampion wrote:
hezkezl wrote:

From the reviews I've read about 4E D&D, it pretty much is a board game and NO roleplaying.

There are tons of forums on the internet to pick this fight. This shouldn't be one of them. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Verdell
United States
Oregon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like CHEEZEBUGAHS!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.