Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Crompton
United Kingdom
St Helens
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year a good gaming friend of mine suggested we rent a cottage for 3 days and just game/drink and game some more. Such was the success that we decided to do it again. This year we had a leaderboard and after 14 games a trophy was awarded.The cottage was/is a converted barn on a farm out in the sticks of Cheshire. Sleeps 6, massive gaming area and best of all no mobile signals within a mile.
Even Blackie the dog was included.

Games played included; Citadels, War on Terror, Descent RTL, Ticket to Ride, Battlestar Galactica, Formula 1, Wits and Wagers,Small World, Shadows over Camelot and D&D 4th edition.

War on Terror in progress

WOT participant (Peoples Front of Judea or Judean's Peoples Front?)

Each game winner received a medal. Much better than an Olympic one..

5 of us competed the event and a leaderboard gave a running score to eventually determine the winner. To be honest each of us was happy to be there hanging with our mates, and in my case my brother and my dog ! We all won a medal, we all cooked, we all verbally abused each other and we all got very,very drunk. But I have to add that for all the friendships that we have garnered over the years - there's nothing better than being crowned Champion - even if it's only for a Geek-Fest

To next year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.