Subject: Thornwood Siege rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Wow! image of the next expansion is now posted! which month are we talking about here? I'm really looking forward to this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sux being a completist!! zombie

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
Wow! image of the next expansion is now posted! which month are we talking about here? I'm really looking forward to this one!

June according to the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Richter
Germany
Siegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don´t like the direction in which Thunderstone is developing, they publish expansions faster than I can explore what they have created.

Also because of this fast publishing they can´t use one artist but many like in Dragonspire, which isn´t a good thing in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Dragonspire was released early. Dun know if Thornwood Siege might be as well. Apparently, no Guardian is mentioned in this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonspire wasn't released early. Wrath of the Elements and Doomguard Legion were released late. There were customs and printing problems that held everything up.

My guess is they're trying to get a new Thunderstone expansion out every 6-8 months. I read on a different BGG thread that Thunderstone only had one artist because some of the artwork was recycled from an AEG CCG game. I'm trying to be optimistic on that front thinking of how Clyde Caldwell, Larry Elmore, and Keith Parkinson had a consistent look for TSR back in the 80's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamdealer wrote:
I don´t like the direction in which Thunderstone is developing, they publish expansions faster than I can explore what they have created.

Also because of this fast publishing they can´t use one artist but many like in Dragonspire, which isn´t a good thing in my opinion.

I agree 100% here... AEG will kill that business and our interest if they continue to release expnasions that fast...

Nightfall isn't out yet that the 2nd expansion is announced!?!? I'm not going into Nightfall and if i would have known that Thunderstone would end up going like this, i would not have bought it in the first place.

Thunderstone is a great game but expansions are released WAY TOO FAST...

They should focus more on simple details like giving us an Harruli divider not 20 expansions later as well as making a clearer component section of thier rulebook.

They are simply going too fast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamdealer wrote:

What is a pace that you think is more appropriate? I just got the base and first expansion a month ago and personally cannot wait to get Dragonspire and the doomgate expansion (which was apparently delayed).

It seems that the pace is essentially two expansions a year, which seems perfectly paced to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.