Subject: Rehabilitation for a cake rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading an article about Gabrielle Giffords (the US politician who was shot in the head and is still hospitalized), I found this sentence:
Quote:
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords...also thanked the Houston hospital where she's undergoing intensive rehabilitation for a cake that featured the likeness of her astronaut husband.

When I first read the sentence I was trying to figure out why the cake was devastating enough to send her back into rehabilitation. I'd thought it was the shooting that made go undergo rehabilitation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
That must be a little unsettling, though, to have your cake staring back at you like that. Staring...and judging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Reading an article about Gabrielle Giffords (the US politician who was shot in the head and is still hospitalized), I found this sentence:
Quote:
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords...also thanked the Houston hospital where she's undergoing intensive rehabilitation for a cake that featured the likeness of her astronaut husband.

When I first read the sentence I was trying to figure out why the cake was devastating enough to send her back into rehabilitation. I'd though it was the shooting that made go undergo rehabilitation.

Huh? Why would anybody need rehab for this? I must have missed something somewhere.

Was the cake that bad?

All kidding aside, is there some significance in a cake, or the fact that it had the "likeness" of her husband on it? Please someone fill me in, and you batter not feed me some half-baked rumor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Where did you read this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
The cake is a lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
Where did you read this?
The Associated Press. Here's one place where you can find the story.

Edit: I notice now that the url includes the text "us_congresswoman_shot_husband." Now I'm thinking an editor on this story had a weird sense of humor, and a desire to be fired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"fired" like some would-be 'assassin's 'bullet'? THAT's my "parting shot" here then... robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe someone left the cake out in the rain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.