Subject: If ever a game needed revisiting, it's this one. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Zarate
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
My brothers and I played this thing to death. It's a spectacularly fantastic concept but with deep crushing flaws.

The main game of attempting to shunt other players through your base is wonderful fun. The endgame of trying to be the one that caps the station and gets the pot is a moronic ro-sham-bo feature. And the modules don't seem to quite... *fit* with the main gameplay.

But the basic principle of a synchroneous pipe-laying game where you try to force other players to build through your territory? Mother of God, that's brilliant.

I'd love to see Cheapass bring this back but with a different endgame mechanic. Plus it'd be nice to either provide a cap on spending for the round or some means to bow out peacefully if the game isn't going your way so you could play this for money. The "in for a penny, in for a pound" no-limit gameplay means you've got to be crazy to put hard money into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.