Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read the chapter about the first air attack on the landings. I never knew that some of the Japanese planes turned and ran instead of attacking the fleet. Considering the losses they took, that seems wise. He also mentioned that Vals were part of the attack. Where did they fly from? Rabaul? That seems far even for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Menzies
Australia
Katoomba
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading this also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Barlow
United States
Braintree
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished reading Shattered Sword and Neptunes Inferno while on vacation, excellent reads. Looking for suggestions for what to read next along the same lines, anyone got any suggestions? I'm thinking of Fortress Rabaul by Bruce Gamble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Racing the Sunrise but have not read i yet. The Rabaul does look interesting too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Walla
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ctcharger wrote:
He also mentioned that Vals were part of the attack. Where did they fly from? Rabaul? That seems far even for them.

I believe they did fly from Rabaul but were ordered to ditch at the Shortland Islands as they did not have enough fuel for the return trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.