Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avast ye Mateys!

I was super excited to finally play this great game!

In my first game with my wife we came across an interesting situaion. After my wife earned 18 gold from selling 3 goods in demand, I played my Mutiny glory card targeting her. She responded by playing Fast Learner. Mutiny seems to be designed to target captains that earned 12 or more gold. Could Fast Learner duplicate the Mutiny affects against me despite the fact that I had not gained 12 or more gold that turn? We agreed to allow the action since at least one person met the requirements for mutiny. Did we play the Fast Learner card right?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I'm glad you like the game

But no, you did not play the card correctly. In essense the Fast Learner card acts as if it was the other card. In this case you did not live up to it's pre-requisists (i.e. you did not just earn 12 or more Gold) so you could not be targeted by the card.

I'm not sure I'm describing it quite right, but hopefully you get the point. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Christian for such a quick response! (And yes your description makes perfect sense).

I'm sure others agree with me that we really appreciate all your support on these forums.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.