Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While playing a random setup today, I had the following idea:

When the Elementals are embodiments of natur, how would embodiments of the seven deadly sins work. So here are the first very rough ideas for a new fan created monster class. I have just thought about rules so far, and not made up my mind about final Gold, Health, XP or VP values. So just rules so far.

Battle: Destroy 1 food
Basic Idea: Well, he eats your stuff and can't get enough of it.

One hero can't attack
Battle: Heroes loose -2 Strength
Basic Idea: One of your heroes becomes so lethargic that he can't attack anymore.

Only one hero can attack.
Basic Idea: Maybe not PG12+ rated, but when more than one hero might attack, the powers of the avatar might sucumb the hero group and it might end in an orgy.

Can't be attacked if you have 5 or more gold
Battle: Destroy the card with the highest gold value
Basic Idea: If you have too much card with high gold values you might be considered greedy and the avatar gets too powerfull.

Can't be attacked by unequipped heroes.
Basic Idea: You sometimes think about your lvl 3 heroes "He has so high attack values, he don't need a weapon to kick ass"? Looks like you became too pride of yourself.

Battle: Shuffle your cards from the current round.
Choose one card at random. Place this card onto the discard
pile of the next player, unless it is a monster.
Basic Idea: Wanting something somebody other has leads to theft. The effect should somehow refelct this "theft".

Immune against weapons and spells
Trophy: +3 Attack
Basic Idea: Maybe the most devastating sin, wrath hardly can be stopped.
If you defet it you get empowered by the pure energy of the sin which results in the trophy.

Alternatives:
Another idea for effects would be that the Avatars become stronger if you "commit" certain sins.

Gluttony: +2 health for each food item you have
Lust: +2 health for each hero
Greed: +2 health for each 3 gold you reveal
Pride: +1 health for each unequipped hero
Envy: +2 health for each card you have more than the player with the fewest number of cards (might be not that great, but could sometimes lead to a bonus)
Wrath: +1 Health for each weapon and attackspell you reveal. Maybe even +1 health per +4 attack you reveal.
No idea for sloth, maybe keep him this way as the "weakest" sin.

Hope you get my ideas, as it is a bit hard to get my ideas into understandable text, especially in a foreign language.

Any ideas or comments regarding this idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cappello
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I like this idea. I also think these should be some of the "harder" monsters, so really make them hard.

Glutton
Battle: Glutton gains +1 Health for each food in hand.
Battle: Destroy all Food in hand.

Sloth
Battle: Discard one hero.
Battle: All heroes suffer -2 strength. Heroes with 0 strength are destroyed.

Lust
Battle: Each player chooses one card at random from your hand. If it is a hero, they add it to their discard pile.

Greed
Lust can not be attacked if you show a hand with 5 (or some other number) gold coins.
Battle: Destroy the card with the highest gold value in hand.

Pride
Immune to un-equiped heroes.
Trophy +1 Magic Attack.

Envy
Battle: Each player chooses once card at random from your hand. If it is a weapon or spell, they add it to their discard pile.

Wrath
Immune to magic.
Heroes can not equip weapons.
Other Avatar * Sin in the dungeon gain +2 Health
Trophy +3 Attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. Also like your additions, especially the one for envy. THis monster could be really devastating

Glutton looks ok so far, and I think this should be one of the easier monsters in this class.
Sloth, do you mean to discard the hero befor ethe battle starts? If it is a battle effect, the hero would normally stay until the end of battle. Destroying the hero doesn't feel right in the context of the sin. Maybe make the first effect "Before the start of battle, discard 1 hero".
Lust: Ouch, this could also prove pretty devastating, but it "feels" right.
Greed: Except for the small mixup with Lust, no change here.
Pride: Ok
Envy: Like said above, feels right but can be evil. goooooooood
Wrath: No Magic? No Weapons? Just barehanded melee? Ouch! But also *feels* right.

Think I have to grab some of the german Death Sentinel Promocards I have lying around here, make up my mind about HP, XP and VP and create some proxies to play with.
Or does anyone know of some graphic template for blank Thunderstone cards one could use? Found some awesome images of the seven sins that I would like to use for proxies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Third Base
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Sippi wrote:
I like this idea. I also think these should be some of the "harder" monsters, so really make them hard.

Glutton
Battle: Glutton gains +1 Health for each food in hand.
Battle: Destroy all Food in hand.

Sloth
Battle: Discard one hero.
Battle: All heroes suffer -2 strength. Heroes with 0 strength are destroyed.

Lust
Battle: Each player chooses one card at random from your hand. If it is a hero, they add it to their discard pile.

Greed
Lust can not be attacked if you show a hand with 5 (or some other number) gold coins.
Battle: Destroy the card with the highest gold value in hand.

Pride
Immune to un-equiped heroes.
Trophy +1 Magic Attack.

Envy
Battle: Each player chooses once card at random from your hand. If it is a weapon or spell, they add it to their discard pile.

Wrath
Immune to magic.
Heroes can not equip weapons.
Other Avatar * Sin in the dungeon gain +2 Health
Trophy +3 Attack

I like these, but I think that:

Greed
BATTLE: Greed's Health is equal to 3 + the total Gold value of your hand.
BATTLE: Destroy the card with the highest Gold Value.

Envy
BATTLE: Each player chooses one card at random from their hand. The card with the highest Cost or Gold value is returned to that players hand, all others are discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Taso's great Thunderstone Photoshop Template here are the first visual ideas for the Avatar - Sin monsterclass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.