Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a scan through the rulebook. Cleaner and less ambiguous that CR but I'm surprised they didn't clear up the issue of whether or not you could stand on bits of scenery. Perhaps there isn't any scenery in WoA - I haven't looked at all the dungeon tiles yet! But was that ever answered as regards CR?

Anyway on to the more important question. The campaigns look interesting and the rules are fairly clear, except that it says nothing about what to do with heroes who've levelled up. I'm inclined to assume that means they don't "loose" the level at the start of the next adventure. Not only would that be odd thematically but levelling up is rare enough in normal adventures to make it something that probably should be carried over. A little concerned it may impact the difficulty though. But I don't suppose anyone has an official answer?

It'll be interesting to see if some campaign adventures for CR get published. I'll bet some unofficial ones will appear pretty soon. I'll also be interested to hear from the first player who tries running a "campaign" of official scenarios from either game back-to-back instead of the random adventure generator style of the official campaigns from the book. It was certainly the first thing I thought of doing after reading the campaign rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremey Byrne
Australia
Marcoola
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry nothing official from me but when you read the two campaign adventures the between adventures does not state to lose any levels gained. So I would say you are right and you definitely do not go back to level one, they would have to state that specifically. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/622508/campaign-treasure... link to pics of those two adventures for those still waiting on their games to come in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The adventure instructs the heroes to "keep everything" between adventures, nothing about losing levels. Scenery still doesn't block movement, just like there was no rule in CR about scenery blocking movement: there is even an adventure that shows you can start on a coffin space. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.