Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is just a random oddity that has confused me for about 2 months now. I have a flag counter on my profile, and the flag counter site lets you see visitor information broken down by province for Canada.

Now, I live in Ottawa, and there are a large number of people in Quebec, so I can understand a large proportion of my Canadian visitors being from Quebec, but this breakdown is just weird.

Can anyone explain why nearly 90% of my Canadian visitors are from Quebec?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there's just a ton of gamers there. Down here the larger cities have a higher number of gamers.

Also could be that they are searching based on distance from them. I think that there's a feature that can be enabled to search based on that to find local gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
autumnweave wrote:
Maybe there's just a ton of gamers there. Down here the larger cities have a higher number of gamers.

Also could be that they are searching based on distance from them. I think that there's a feature that can be enabled to search based on that to find local gamers.

Maybe Québec geeks are more used to checking people's profiles (to verify if they speak french?), whereas other Canadians don't have this urge as everyone here speaks english anyway ? Just an idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hanley
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Have you ever been in the Montreal Math Trade? Or it could be your cologne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peacock
Canada
Montréal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the flag counter isnt accurate?
a quebec ISP could be providing internet access outside of quebec?
I honestly don't know how a flag counter works.

or maybe we're just watching you...whistle one wrong move and we'll accuse you of Québec bashing...devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dyvdav wrote:
Maybe the flag counter isnt accurate?
a quebec ISP could be providing internet access outside of quebec?
I honestly don't know how a flag counter works.

or maybe we're just watching you...whistle one wrong move and we'll accuse you of Québec bashing...devil

Heh, I was actually in Quebec just a few days ago, for a ski-trip/long weekend. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating, despite the fact that I was the only person of the four of us that really spoke any french (and I'm really not that good at it - I can read and write, but oral communication is rough).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smokin' OldAunt
Canada
flag msg tools
probably because a lot of gamers are from Gatineau. And most ontarians will look for Toronto. Ottawa is not very far from Montreal also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.