UCBoardgame Club
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hey guys, I'm the director of marketing for the University of Cincinnati Board Game Club. We posted here a few weeks ago about suggestions for our annual trip and we've decided upon the BGG Con 2011 in Dallas! In order to get the university to pay for this event we will need to submit all the names of members attending so we can figure out the costs of registration, hotel rooms, and travel.

I believe this event usually sells out so we want to make sure we register in time, but we also want to wait as long as possible to pick up new members and allow them to join us on our journey to Dallas from Cincinnati.

Any idea when this event usually sells out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See you guys in Dallas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It will sell out.

Since there has never been a BGGCon 2011, it would be hard to say when.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Registration usually opens around March. I am under the impression that it sells out earlier every year.

In 2009, my first year, I was able to buy a ticket in September. Last year I believe all the tickets were sold by mid-summer.

If you dig around the BGG.con forum long enough you might be able to find and date the posts that announce when sales are closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
It will sell out. Starting next year (2012) they are moving to a larger facility, but this year, it will be about the same size as the last 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
In many ways we expect this year to be very similar to last year (but we reserve the right to be wrong shake )

Last year registration opened mid-March, and we were sold out mid-May. We gave plenty of warning up to selling out (progressively announcing "70% full", 80%, 90%, etc.).

It may certainly sell out earlier this year, but there's no way to know for sure. We'll try and let everyone know how things are progressing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UCBoardgame Club
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the help! We'll try to register in April or early May, based on your responses.

Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.