Subject: Minion movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in our first game. Can a minion like the Black serpent who can move 2 spaces move through a space that a hero is in without combating them? If the hero is in a haven does that change anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Combat only occurs on the hero's turn, so a minion may move through a hero's location without fighting. The only time, I believe, a minion has to fight is if he's on a non-perilous hero's location during the hero's ambush step. I'm new to the game myself, but that's how I understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gregor wrote:
The only time, I believe, a minion has to fight is if he's on a non-perilous hero's location during the hero's ambush step.

Peril is irrelevant during the ambush step.

A minion must fight if he is in the hero's location during the ambush step, or the hero enters his (non-perilous) location during the travel step, and there is no other monster or minion in the location to fight instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gregor wrote:
The only time, I believe, a minion has to fight is if he's on a non-perilous hero's location during the hero's ambush step. I'm new to the game myself, but that's how I understand it.

I think you mean non-Haven. In Havens, Hero can choose not to fight, in all other locations Ambush combat will take place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
Hello Gregor wrote:
The only time, I believe, a minion has to fight is if he's on a non-perilous hero's location during the hero's ambush step.

Peril is irrelevant during the ambush step.

A minion must fight if he is in the hero's location during the ambush step, or the hero enters his (non-perilous) location during the travel step, and there is no other monster or minion in the location to fight instead.

However, if the hero enters a perilous location that also contains a monster, either the monster enter into combat OR the peril cards are drawn. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
DrBrewhaha wrote:
However, if the hero enters a perilous location that also contains a monster, either the monster enter into combat OR the peril cards are drawn. Correct?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Right right, I was thinking of the travel step. Teaches me to try to answer questions with a cold. One may think they can think but one's wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.