Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Update:

Some new games were added to toysforthought.com's bargains section (see thread title).
There's a decent selection of other noteworthy games for cheap there as well.
Free shipping is @ $150. If you're into Playmobil, you'll have no problem hitting that number.

http://toysforthought.com/store/category/6/211/BARGAINS/

Toys for Thought has updated their bargains section with some pretty amazing deals.

I paid full price for Martinique some time ago and don't regret it. Excellent two player game that requires some deep thought, but only takes 20-30 minutes per game.

The Golden City is one of my favorite gateway games that isn't called Carcassonne or Ticket to Ride.

Link: http://toysforthought.com/store/category/6/211/BARGAINS/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [US] Dungeon Lords $30, Loyang $20, Long Shot $20, Hotel Samoa $11, The Golden City $15 + more. Toysforthought.com
I don't see dungeon lords anywhere on the site. I might have ordered if that was up there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Carter
United States
Dayton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [US] Dungeon Lords $30, Loyang $20, Long Shot $20, Hotel Samoa $11, The Golden City $15 + more. Toysforthought.com
I don't see Dungeon Lords in that list, did it sell out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: [US] Dungeon Lords $30, Loyang $20, Long Shot $20, Hotel Samoa $11, The Golden City $15, Martinique $13 + more. Toysforthought.com
http://toysforthought.com/store/product/17104/DUNGEON-LORDS/

It's there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [US] Dungeon Lords $30, Loyang $20, Long Shot $20, Hotel Samoa $11, The Golden City $15, Martinique $13 + more. Toysforthought.com
Do they have a free shipping threshold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like z-man close outs? as it seems more than a coincidence the golden city was just on tanga a few weeks ago... and today AT the Gates of Loyang (see other "hot deals" thread or check your stu tanga email if you are a subscriber)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Rey
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Retired in paradise!
badge
Who ate my hat?
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't look like it.

I selected the Tumblin Dice, and 3 other games, for $78.00.

Shipping was $31.40 to FL

Removed all but Tumblin Dice and the shipping was $11.80.

While the prices seem to be good, the shipping seems to be high.

Great if you can do in store pickup.

Funagain/Thoughthammer are cheaper especially when bundling for free shipping.

Konig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mertz
United States
Holly
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to customer service at the store: $150 qualifies for free ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Lim
United States
Beaumont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan104396 wrote:
According to customer service at the store: $150

Looks like it'll be pretty hard to hit $150 with the skimpy selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mad Hatter
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konig wrote:
Doesn't look like it.

I selected the Tumblin Dice, and 3 other games, for $78.00.

Shipping was $31.40 to FL

Removed all but Tumblin Dice and the shipping was $11.80.

While the prices seem to be good, the shipping seems to be high.

Great if you can do in store pickup.

Funagain/Thoughthammer are cheaper especially when bundling for free shipping.

Konig

I ordered Loyang, Cities, Take Stock, Hotel Samoa, Shear Panic, Gold Digger, and something from their non-bargain games list; all told, it was 108.00 with tax, and the UPS ground shipping was only 12.00. So, seven games for 120.00 was pretty good in my book. I did a cart comparison with one of the regular online retailers, and even hitting their free shipping threshold, I couldn't get the same games for that low a price; and one of them wasn't even listed on that site, either.

Here's hoping the order goes off without a hitch, as the order was moved from "pending" to "processing" in my account listing on the site a little while ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reiners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's (Dungeon Lords)on page 1 of the sale list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Limit of 1 on Tumblin' Dice. And yet they allow you to select more than one on the item screen.
http://toysforthought.com/store/product/16402/TUMBLIN%27-DIC...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
Limit of 1 on Tumblin' Dice. And yet they allow you to select more than one on the item screen.
http://toysforthought.com/store/product/16402/TUMBLIN%27-DIC...

Probably because the individual adding the inventory didn't program the site, and the individual who made the website didn't include the option.

This is a small company... lets put away the pitchforks. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
PoisonApple wrote:
ryan104396 wrote:
According to customer service at the store: $150

Looks like it'll be pretty hard to hit $150 with the skimpy selection.

They've got a brick and mortar store (which I visit way too often) with 10x the selection of the website. They might be willing to manually add stuff from their in store inventory to your order. Prices are generally 20-30% below MSRP, although some of the more common games like Ticket to Ride and Settlers are full priced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Geller
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have been great I have ordered from them a few times now.
They went the extra mile on one order and totally took care of the problem. (Damaged box)They are one of my standards for online ordering and the specials are quite good. I highly recommend them.
I just ordered Martinque, Cities, Hotel Samoa and Cheng Cheng.
The shipping is a bit high but if you order 4 games it avg's out

Long Shot is not in the special section you need to type it in the search bar if you want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the process of looking at a $150 order and they're adding sales tax even though I live in NH where there is none. Did something change in regards to taxing people in other states?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
I'm in the process of looking at a $150 order and they're adding sales tax even though I live in NH where there is none. Did something change in regards to taxing people in other states?

I think it's just something their website doesn't do right... I think I heard in another thread that they will manually subtract the sales tax but can't confirm. as far as I know the law only allows states to tax based on delivery address if the business has a physical presence in the same state (which they don't).

if you need help getting to $150 let me know, I live in NH as well and we could meet up at the nashua gamers on monday nights (I also have friends and family in Milford)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Thanks Jeff. I've seen your profile before when I was looking for games to trade or buy. You might be hearing from me at some point!

I went ahead and submitted the order. The tax was tiny, but I did send them a short polite email asking them about it.

I have a small game group in Milford that meets Wednesdays or Thursdays and I sometimes play with the Amherst group - we share some members. The Nashua group's Monday schedule almost never works for me. Maybe I'll show up at some point if my schedule ever allows.

Edit: I guess I jumped too fast on ordering. I could have added more to the order if you had wanted something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
Edit: I guess I jumped too fast on ordering. I could have added more to the order if you had wanted something.

no problem, they would probably let us edit it but I checked and I don't really see anything I would like that I don't already own... picked up Golden City from Tanga (would have been cheaper her w/the free ship), and picked up AtgoL from the UG math trade.

I've been to Kirk's (Amherst) once, hopefully you've hooked up with Michelle and Justin who are the friends/gamers that now live in Milford.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I've been to Kirk's (Amherst) once, hopefully you've hooked up with Michelle and Justin who are the friends/gamers that now live in Milford.

Yup. We rotate game nights between their place and mine . . . although given how messy my place has been it's been mostly their place. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lin
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figures they would run out of Tumblin Dice by the time I got back from work cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Senki
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up:

At the Gates of Loyang
Mission: Red Planet
The Golden City
Beowolf the Legend

$12 ship avg's away decently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Loyd
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought:
Dungeon Lords
Loyang
Portabello Market
Mission Red Planet

$15 shipping for right at $100. $2.79 tax that was weird but maybe they will be taking that off? Don't care really, great prices!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AT THE GATES OF LOYANG 1 $19.95
HOTEL SAMOA 1 $10.95
CHANG CHENG 1 $14.95
THE GOLDEN CITY 1 $14.95
MISSION: RED PLANET 1 $14.95

Shipping: UPS - UPS Ground: $10.98
Tax: $2.65
Total Cost: $89.38

5 solid games for under $90 shipped... not bad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete S
United States
MACUNGIE
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great deal!

I snagged:

Golden City
Martinique
Inkognito Card Game
Atlanteon
Beowulf: Legend
Beowulf: Movie BG

All for $65 including S&H!

I really appreciate this forum on BGG. I would never know about great offers like this without the community sharing its finds!

Thanks everyone!
-Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.