Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Hines
United States
Perry
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the bid markers in Metropolys meant to be open information or closed information? I have almost exclusively played with all the building numbers in each players' personal supply showing. How do you guys play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your goal cards are secret, but the bids you have left are public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Open of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Although I agree your buildings "should" be open, and I've played the game with many diverse people at clubs and cons and never had anyone play with them closed, I'm surprised as I look through the rules now to confirm this that the rules seem to be ambiguous about this point! Or am I overlooking something in the rules?

(Note: this isn't meant to start the common debate about "should publicly visible and trackable info remain open?" - this is meant simply to ask "do the Metropolys rules explicitly answer this question about your buildings?")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hines
United States
Perry
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see it in the rules either. The very first time I played, we used closed information on the bids. When I bought the game myself, I read through the rules and didn't see that in there. Every game I have played since has been open information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.