Subject: Shadow Era (TCG) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vern Shurtz
United States
Spencer
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Shadow Era is a free to play, online collectible trading card game. It features deep strategy, easy gameplay, and gorgeous card art. Create your account now to play on the web right in your browser, or on the iPhone or iPad and take your progress with you wherever you go!

Features

* amazing card art to rival even the top trading card games
* currently more than 100 cards and new cards being added constantly
* cross-platform multiplayer battles
* fantastic 3d graphics and special effects
* awesome custom soundtrack
* free to play, low cost to expand
* Competent AI and leveling up system for single player

Mac, PC and Android coming soon!!!

For more info checkout;

http://www.shadowera.com/
and
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=85344

To compare to MtG or WoW go here;

http://www.shadowera.com/content.php?129-A-closer-look-at-Sh...

Cheers!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc VC
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great, just one question :
Do you need to have an internet connection at all times to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Langmead
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded this and noticed in the App Store that the developer is Kyle Poole! Of Battle for Wesnoth fame (he did the fantastic iOS port). I also see that it has already garnered 23 five star ratings out of 31.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty decent albeit gonna probably cost most who like it at least $20 if you get addicted to it. Yes to get gold and xp I believe dev mentioned you must be online to prevent cheating as he stated it would be easy. Although you'd still be able to play offline vs. AI but just not collect gold or xp if offline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Massek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm impressed with the ui so far. The game is basically a clone of the WoW tcg with a few minor changes. The art I have seen so far is pretty nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Poole
msg tools
Hello everyone, the game is still in heavy development so we welcome any feedback you may have to make a better game.

@Wolfshade: Currently you do need an internet connection to play, although it does handle reconnects gracefully. We are planning an offline mode soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says that it works on the iPod touch 3 and 4 in the desription, but on the side it just says iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. I have a 2nd gen iPod Touch. Will it work on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my understanding that a memory leak makes it currently have issues on older devices, but that should be fixed soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggi├▓
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it yesterday (web version). Technically seems ok, the interface could use some work but it is already playable without doubt.

The art is very good, nothing to say.

What I'm really puzzled about is that the game is really too similar to WoW TCG, even identical in some areas (and in the main concept). The few changes in mechanics (often merely semplifications) is not enough to differentiate the two games in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The art is great; I would like to be able to turn off animations. Or at least set the game to continue running while the tab doesn't have focus.

Right now, 80% of game time is spent watching the animations.

EDIT: I've found where to turn off the music - it isn't obvious...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kappe
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game since early beta and really love it! of course it's a too small cardpool at the moment, since the game just launched, but it is pure fun to play, technically a superb implementation for iOS and Browser as well.

So everybody who's interested in fantasy card games should check this one out.

Cheers

Jens
(Username Regenwolke on iOS Gamecenter and in Shadow Era as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new version is out with more cards (like armor and weapons for heroes now), offline play on the iDevice version, and I have played it on my 2nd gen iPod Touch with no problems except that it crashes after I lose in an offline game. I haven't won yet offline, so I don't know if it crashes then as well, but I guess it doesn't matter since offline is just for practice anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.