Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

The listing for this shows it as:"Best with 2 players, Recommended with 1, 2, 3 players"

My question is, Can you actually play this solo?

If so, how does that work? Is it worth it?

I've been looking for a really good thematic solo player card game for a while now and if this can be done then this looks like the game for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
TJRandell wrote:
Hi all,

The listing for this shows it as:"Best with 2 players, Recommended with 1, 2, 3 players"

My question is, Can you actually play this solo?

If so, how does that work? Is it worth it?

I've been looking for a really good thematic solo player card game for a while now and if this can be done then this looks like the game for me.

Here is a link to the solo Thunderstone rules:

http://www.alderac.com/images/2009/08/thunderstonesolorules....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There has always been a solo version of Thunderstone and I'm sure Dragonspire is no different. It is pretty enjoyable as such. I think you would like it.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
And why does this Geek page still state 2-5 players when it IS solo playable? If I remember correctly, this was true for WotE initially?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Karvonen
Finland
Tampere
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the solo rules came first out in Wrath of the Elements.

And Thunderstone really is an excellent solo game. It varies a lot, offers a game engine that's easy to manage and offers interesting decisions, and there are easy ways to ramp up the difficulty if you need to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys,

It looks like this could be the game for me

I'd posted previously asking about good solo play card games and no-one mentioned Thunderstone. I'm glad I held off buying any of the other suggestions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.