Bruno Rainville
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

My friends and I played our first game of Liberté last night (a 5-player game). It was a lot of fun. Everybody enjoyed the game and are looking forward playing it again. Overall, the rules were clear but there were two situations for which we were not sure how to interpret the rules.

First the election in Paris. We had a clear-cut winner in turn 2. Specifically, Blue had 3 white blocks, Green 2 white blocks and Yellow two red blocks. Blue was the clear-cut winner and took his three blocks (Royalists moved up 3 spots on the election track). What happen to the remaining blocks (2 white for Green, 2 red for Yellow)? Do they remain in Paris as it would be the case for any other provincial election? This is what we did.

The next question is related to the end of a turn. During turn 3, the second-player in turn order used the last blue block, hence ending the turn. As clearly expressed in the rule, the 3rd, 4th and 5th players had to play one last time before we proceed to battle and election phases. Being the past player, I played a religious problems special card and removed one blue block from one province. Because of this, there was one additional blue faction block available in the reserve. Do the turn still ends? Or do we continue to play additional rounds for turn 3? What we did is that we ended the turn (mostly because the actions of the last 3 players were made knowing we were going into battle and election phases next).

Thanks.

Bruno
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
#WYGAME
badge
#NBS# at WYG
mbmbmbmbmb
1- Yes, right
2- The turn still ends, yes. You can use removed blocks, but the turn ends in the last player's turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Rainville
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Happy to learn we made the right decisions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sentieiro is correct. I just wanted to back it up with the rules:

1) Page 5 of the English rules in the Paris section, "The 8-Île-de-France (Paris) election is resolved as normal with the following exceptions:"

The exception being up to 3 blocks are moved instead of just one and in the case of a tie, all blocks are removed at the end. So when there is a clear cut winner, resolve it as normal.

2) Page 6 of the English rules under the Special cards: "IMPORTANT: Once the end of the Action Phase has been triggered by exhausting one supply of Faction Blocks, the Phase cannot be extended even if a Special Card has returned Blocks from the board to the supply. The Round will still end once the last player has taken his Action."

I choose to put it here instead of during the turn as Special cards are the only things sending blocks back to the supply after a round ends.

Glad you enjoyed the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Rainville
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brian.

Yes the "resolved as normal" stated in the rule put us on the right track yesterday but somehow I missed the "IMPORTANT" note at the end of the SPECIAL CARDS section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.