Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Edit: (Moved this to top since situation has changed) Since posting this morning, I received further contact from Stella and was refunded my 10 dollars for shipping. I did not intend to jump the gun on this review but thought the matter was closed. I appreciate this followup by Funagain Games.

Bottom Line Up Front: Exemplary Customer service but a let down on the outcomes.

Long Version:
Usually I am the one wanting a game and talking my wife into it, so when she wanted a game, Thebes, I jumped right to it. It so happened that when I looked Funagain games had Thebes on sale and free shipping on orders over 50. Since I was remaking Merchant of Venus I added the Chessex dice I needed to get me to the 50. Now my wife said she would really like to play it that Thursday night so I paid the extra 10 to get it upgraded from free ground to 2 day express.

I was first contacted by Stella of Funagain who let me know that due to an inventory error the orange and purple dice were not in stock. She mailed the rest and wanted to know if I still wanted the other dice. I let her know that as long as they would arrive in the next month I'd be fine with waiting (my remake wasn't done and Thebes was my real goal)...so good start as far as customer service and communication.

The package arrived on Thursday and my wife even moved up our child's schedule so he could go to bed a bit early so we could play but when I opened the box it didn't have Thebes but Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game. I reported this to fun again who then sent another package with thebes, a shipping label to return the wrong game and my dice and two certificates for $5.

Heres where I have very mixed feelings. I felt like Stella tried to communicate with me well and tried to make it right but through the certificates and I can't fault this approach. The mixed part of my feelings comes in from the certificates. I paid 10 dollars for the 2 day service but in the end didn't get the game for 8 days and have to travel across town to ship the original wrong shipment. The compensation was 2 gift certificates for $5 each but they can't be used together and must be used on orders over 25 not including shipments. I think just returning my shipping dollars would have been a bit fairer since I'm tied to spending more with them if I want to recoup that.

I haven't decided yet whether to continue to use them or not due to these mixed feeligns. I respect and even value the customer service and commmunication that Stella exhibted but then find myself annoyed by the certificates which I felt was almost an attempt to tie me to them rather than compensate the inconvenience. I probably will them again just because I really want to like them after the amount of communication I received during this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt horn
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Sounds fair and reasonable on your part to offer to return the certs and get $10 refunded to you. I've always gotten great service from Funagain, and I would expect them to do their best to make a new customer happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoren wrote:
I felt like Stella tried to communicate with me well and tried to make it right but I thought the certificates and I can't fault this approach.
Huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Rey
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Retired in paradise!
badge
Who ate my hat?
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely understand your frustration... Sorry that you had issues with them.

I too have had trouble with FunAgain.

I placed 7 seperate orders with FunAgain over a 6 day period. The 1st couple of order went out without problem.

The next 4 orders they bundled all together, and shipped, even though some items were not in stock, and I specifically said to HOLD the orders that were not complete. The problem was further compounded because they list the same contents for each of the 2 tracking numbers, makeing it look like they shipped a duplicate order.

After emailing customer service, they had no clue what I was talking about. I had to take screen shots of the orders, and show them. Then Stella informed me, they aggregated all the orders together, instead of shipping them seperate. HELO!! I placed the orders seperately for a reason.

Now instead of having 4 medium sized weight packages coming, I have 1 70LB package coming, and 1 45LB coming. When I explained this was an issue and 1 70LB package will cost me a LOT more to have delivered than 2 35lb packages, nothing was offered for compensation. No compensation was offered for shipping INCOMPLETE orders mixed with other orders.

I was told to write HOLD FOR STELLA on future orders.

I'll place 1 more order with Funagain and use my 300K in points,
But I've already moved to Thoughthammer (Normally %15 cheaper on most games anyways), and to Coolstuff.

The money saved at TH, etc, I'll donate the difference to a local library, which was my goal with ordering from the more expensive funagain.

Konig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konig wrote:

I placed 7 seperate orders with FunAgain over a 6 day period.

And I thought I was an impulse buyer. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Yoren wrote:
I felt like Stella tried to communicate with me well and tried to make it right but I thought the certificates and I can't fault this approach.
Huh?

I is an English major

Fixed it, I meant to say "through the certificates" instead of "I thought the certificates"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Rey
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Retired in paradise!
badge
Who ate my hat?
mbmbmbmbmb
jacob4408 wrote:
Konig wrote:

Well divorce, fire, and theft over the past 8 months have put a serious dent in my game collection. I had 1100+ games, and am now missing close to 600, hopefully I can over the next year find most of the more obscure ones here.

Konig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Konig wrote:
jacob4408 wrote:
Konig wrote:

Well divorce, fire, and theft over the past 8 months have put a serious dent in my game collection. I had 1100+ games, and am now missing close to 600, hopefully I can over the next year find most of the more obscure ones here.

Konig

By the way, sorry I stole like 400 games from you and then burnt down your house. If I had known my sister was going to divorce you I probably wouldn't have the done that to you.

I am, of course, joking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Rey
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Retired in paradise!
badge
Who ate my hat?
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well at least he said he was sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You stay away from me and tell your sister to stop calling me.

UndeadViking wrote:
Konig wrote:
jacob4408 wrote:
Konig wrote:

Konig

By the way, sorry I stole like 400 games from you and then burnt down your house. If I had known my sister was going to divorce you I probably wouldn't have the done that to you.

I am, of course, joking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konig wrote:
Now instead of having 4 medium sized weight packages coming, I have 1 70LB package coming, and 1 45LB coming. When I explained this was an issue and 1 70LB package will cost me a LOT more to have delivered than 2 35lb packages, nothing was offered for compensation. No compensation was offered for shipping INCOMPLETE orders mixed with other orders.

Wait. . .they aggregated your orders without your permission and then changed the shipping charges?

Or are you talking about some further shipping that you were doing yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoren wrote:
I paid 10 dollars for the 2 day service but in the end didn't get the game for 8 days and have to travel across town to ship the original wrong shipment. The compensation was 2 gift certificates for $5 each but they can't be used together and must be used on orders over 25 not including shipments. I think just returning my shipping dollars would have been a bit fairer since I'm tied to spending more with them if I want to recoup that.

That they would even consider such limited coupons to be fair compensation is a joke. You paid extra for express shipping and THEY screwed it up. They should refund your money, period.

Nickel-and-diming you over their own $10 mistake is pretty cheesy.

Note that, depending on the shipping type they sent you the return label for, you might be able to request a free USPS pickup at your house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Rey
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Retired in paradise!
badge
Who ate my hat?
mbmbmbmbmb
They aggregated orders without permission, and even aggregated orders that were specifically HELD with item(s) out of stock.

No, they did not charge shipping, they offered to cancel the out of stock items after they shipped the incomplete order against my desire and their policy.

The future shipping is a freight forwarder I use to get things from the USA to Costa Rica.
They charge by weight, and volume, however the heavier an individual box is the higher the price. a 70lb box is WAY more expensive than two 35lb boxes. Also there is additional handle fees to me because 1 person can not lift a 70lb box. To make matter worse, they won't deliver a 70lb box to my home, I have to go over 1 hour away to pick it up, and I likely will have to load it myself. I'm not a happy camper in the slightest about it, as they've costs me in excess of $200.00 due to their carelessness and not following their own policies.

Konig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
If Funagain won't make it right, one way or another, refuse/cancel the order, and dispute the charges with your credit card (and let them know you'll be doing so).

That sort of thing is simply unacceptable, and the fact that they didn't already fix it is telling.

My customer service experiences with Funagain over the years have been mixed; when things go right, they are fine, but when things go wrong (which seems to happen just a bit more than with other companies), their record is less than stellar.

That, combined with the across-the-board higher prices means they just don't get much business from me, or from anyone I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that sucks. If I were you I would have called the PO and told them to send it back, then informed Funagain that I cannot receive deliveries over 70 lbs. and asked them to re-ship.

I can see how they maybe thought they'd be doing you a favor (assuming they didn't know about the forwarding), but boxes that heavy are kind of extreme. They should have asked first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
divorce, fire, and theft over the past 8 months

Hopefully the latter two were neither the cause of, nor resulted from, the former.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OP you may want to bump that edit up towards the top.

And heck if you got Wrath for the price of Thebes, you should have just kept it. ;^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

And heck if you got Wrath for the price of Thebes, you should have just kept it. ;^)

Thanks I'll move the edit to the top of my post as you are correct that it deserves more visibility.

Keeping it never crossed my mind, as I would feel like I was stealing from them had I kept it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoren wrote:
lfisher wrote:

Thanks I'll move the edit to the top of my post as you are correct that it deserves more visibility.

Keeping it never crossed my mind, as I would feel like I was stealing from them had I kept it.

Yeah I was just kidding, I wouldn't either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Rey
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Retired in paradise!
badge
Who ate my hat?
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
Wow, that sucks. If I were you I would have called the PO and told them to send it back, then informed Funagain that I cannot receive deliveries over 70 lbs. and asked them to re-ship.

I can see how they maybe thought they'd be doing you a favor (assuming they didn't know about the forwarding), but boxes that heavy are kind of extreme. They should have asked first.

I've sent Funagain an email stating they need to re-direct the package to a friends house, so I can fly them down to bring the games. It's cheaper ROUND trip than shipppin 2 boxes at 120lbs total.

If they don't do an intercept and redirect the boxes, they'll be refused, and they can resend them out in the 5 seperate orders in which they were made across several days.

Konig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Rey
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Retired in paradise!
badge
Who ate my hat?
mbmbmbmbmb
FunAgain came through
Much to my surprise both packages have been updated to:

"02/24/2011 5:41 P.M. The shipper has requested a Delivery Intercept for this package. / Return to sender pending. "

I'm not sure why they didn't offer this to me once they realized they messed up. However thank you to the poster above that suggested rejecting the package. UPS told me about the package intercept that the shipper could do. Good information.

Thanks to FunAgain for the 1st step in correcting this fiasco

now we'll wait to see if the 2nd step, them sending it out correctly, goes smoother.

Konig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardgamemuse
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
My first experience with them was the Essen release Norenberc which no one else had. I had excellent service from them and also receive the bonus townsmen!!

Thank you Funagain. . I will be watching your site on the future for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Rey
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
Retired in paradise!
badge
Who ate my hat?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update..
Funagain finally got the packages back. Corrected all their mistakes, and re-shipped out the packages. I should have them in 5-7 business days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.