Subject: Base game + Petting Zoo + Pavilions: good idea? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Lundin
Sweden
Ă…tvidaberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this once but am thinking about upping the strategy just a tiny notch. Would base game + Petting Zoo and two pavilions (or maybe just one!) be a good idea? Let's hear from Zoolo veterans out there. Please note that I'm not really interested in prolonging the game time (well not by much).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this combo works. I think Pavilions (and the Restaurant for that matter) don't pay to spend for without combining them with an extra money generating mechanism via Petting Zoo or Savings Book. By the way, I don't think Pavilions really add to "strategy" all that much. Nice for variety. Sometimes they're a good spend, often not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Michael Schacht you should not combine Petting Zoo with the Three Extra Buildings.

Official combinations with Petting Zoo are:

Zooloretto with Petting zoo and
- Aquaretto or
- Building Sites or
- Gorilla or
- Grizzly or
- Octopus or
- Polar Bear or
- Three Extra Enclosures or
- Zooloretto Exotic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zooloretto combined with Aquaretto (and any of the Aquaretto expasnsions) makes for a game that is far too long for its "pay off". I like 'em both, given the mood, as stand-alone games -- and Exotic is a marginal value as an add-on to Zoo besides the theme it adds -- but in a Zoo/Aqua combo it seems to me that Schacht is playing the salesman more than the designer with a suggestion like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.