Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So quozl's thread has me thinking about how much fun it would be to re-theme some games "RSP-style" so that they're about our arguments, conflicts, and battle for civilization as we know it instead of what they were originally written for. Rather than continue to spam his thread, I figured I'd aim for some more fun.

I already mentioned that Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game and Arkham Horror would be great that way (LBPs vs. Libertarian digit heads for BSB, change the bad guys in AH to a major political party or figure).

Which game do you think would be a great RSP re-theme with fun, laughs, and maybe some action (gotta have the "S", right?) for all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Potter
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
Lightning Reaction Revenge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We already had something to put the S in Carcassonne a week or so back, a few more tweaks could put emphasis on mayors and cloisters for a full RSP variant.

Runebound could work as well. You have to travel across the realm using your sex-magic to quell political rebellions, gaining enough power to eventually confront and kill God himself (Who may not actually exist when you get there, as determined by a "reasoned debate" held amongst the players). The details will probably work themselves out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:
...confront and kill God himself (Who may not actually exist when you get there, as determined by a "reasoned debate" held amongst the players).

Oh, that was so worth a tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really we should just commission Jason Mattews to make an RSP game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingmaker! A great suggestion considering it has the single worst victory conditions ever in the history of board gaming, which means the game can go on forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Jenkins
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:
perfalbion wrote:
Kingmaker! A great suggestion considering it has the single worst victory conditions ever in the history of board gaming, which means the game can go on forever.

We might make it an even longer game by having so many heirs to the throne on each side. Killed off Tripp and Drew? No problem. Bramadan, BJ, Wrayman and a host of others are still around.

edit: and DdJ could be the Tudor pretender hiding out in France.

Sounds like Kremlin to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Origins of World War II

Instead of pollitical influence use thumbs...we'd have to jazz it up with a card driven mechanic for threads and pop up lurkers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lapppi wrote:
Sounds like Kremlin to me!

Doesn't particularly need a lot of re-theming, but it's a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Jeff
United States
Sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Busen Memo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Jenkins
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lapppi wrote:
Sweet! I'd buy that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JDigman62 wrote:

I'll volunteer pictures once you start to pull this together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The best retheme RSP remix would be to combine "Carcassonne" combined with a "Campaign Manager 2008"-like mechanics so that the tile configurations create red and blue territories to populate with different vote-delivering constituencies. With the Gerrymandering variant, one could also change some of the other-color territorial boundaries to one's own color. Unfortunately, this would primarily be a two- or four-player (two teams of 2 players) game unless one bought the Independents expansion allowing a third player to lay down purple territories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.