Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the first page of the new Mayfair Games instructions it says there is a deluxe version of Automobile too that includes wooden cars and wooden distributers as well as the standard cardboard cars and distributers. Does anyone know about this version? When it will be available? Will there be an "upgrade" kit for faithful customers who bought the recently available version as a preorder and waited anxiously for so long?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as it took this long to come out for the game. I don't think we will see anything from mayfair anytime sood. Shell out the moolah to mayday games. Their wooden cars are fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tikiguy wrote:
Seeing as it took this long to come out for the game. I don't think we will see anything from mayfair anytime sood. Shell out the moolah to mayday games. Their wooden cars are fantastic.

Except they don't have orange cars, but I'm working on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
me too. I am going to go buy some orange spray paint. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully an official update will be available from Mayfair. Their new instruction manual says on the first page: "In addition to the standard version of Automobile, we also make a deluxe version. It contains 144 wooden cars and 40 wooden salesmen (in addition to the cardboard cars and salesmen) that may be used alternatively."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Jankowski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I hope there is an upgrade kit as well. Kinda stinks that you dont realize about the wooden cars until after the game is purchased and opened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
lhfreak wrote:
Yeah, I hope there is an upgrade kit as well. Kinda stinks that you dont realize about the wooden cars until after the game is purchased and opened.

Sounds like you need to spend more time on BGG -- people have been complaining about that for a while now !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Jankowski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
lhfreak wrote:

Sounds like you need to spend more time on BGG -- people have been complaining about that for a while now !

laugh

Well, I figured it was mentioned around the site, but I didnt catch it. No biggie though. I am fine with the components. But if an upgrade kit does show up............ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lhfreak wrote:

Don't the pictures on the box make that clear enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Jankowski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ward wrote:
lhfreak wrote:

Yes. I understood what I was getting in the box. I just didnt realize that Mayfair was releasing another version with the wooden pieces

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LALALALALA I am not listening to you. LALALALALA I cannot hear anything. Mayfair finally put out Automobile. I'm done. Finito. LALALALALA Nobody hears nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lhfreak wrote:
Ward wrote:
lhfreak wrote:

Yes. I understood what I was getting in the box. I just didnt realize that Mayfair was releasing another version with the wooden pieces

Ah, got ya. Yeah, I didn't realize that either. Of course, seeing is believeing on most game releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This in now available for $120 on the Mayfair Site.

If the only thing setting this apart is wooden bits, a pewter turn token and the box.. I will pass on this $80 upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.