Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw an advance copy of the expansion, and I noticed there are some very important innovations still not represented:

Sliced bread
The sandwich
Game expansions
The infomercial
Collectables

And here is a webpage with a very long list of card ideas: http://budlight.whipnet.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I'm pretty sure sliced bread is one of the cards. Joke's on you, tough guy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
pwned
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... what's the best thing since Sliced Bread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

Pretty much everything. As an amateur artisan baker, I would argue that unsliced bread is much superior. Sliced bread is a pretty crappy innovation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
I saw an advance copy of the expansion, and I noticed there are some very important innovations still not represented:

Sliced bread
The sandwich
Game expansions
The infomercial
Collectables

And here is a webpage with a very long list of card ideas: http://budlight.whipnet.com/

I need to game with you more

-Munch "some day I'll make it back to Tullys" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Engle
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
out4blood wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Pretty much everything. As an amateur artisan baker, I would argue that unsliced bread is much superior. Sliced bread is a pretty crappy innovation.

I think you may be missing the point.

Exposed surface area increases the rate at which bread goes stale. Thus significantly increasing the amount of bread one baker can sell to a given set of customers.

Designing a salable loaf with twenty times the exposed surface was an act of marketing genius.

Hmm... This has got me thinking. How do you convince people to make sandwiches out of croutons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.