Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't play Cargo Noir (just read the rules) but i don't see ANY similarities to Alien Frontiers at all! (Maybe, both games have a game board and cards...)

Do you thought about another game and this is just a typo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberian wrote:
I didn't play Cargo Noir (just read the rules) but i don't see ANY similarities to Alien Frontiers at all! (Maybe, both games have a game board and cards...)

Do you thought about another game and this is just a typo?

I agree. Apart from having a worker placement mechanism I see no similarities.
If your problem was that the dice dictated to some part which actions you could take then I think I can remotely understand what you mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Royal
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant the worker placement part.

I love how you can have a bidding war for cargo. One of the things I didn't like about Alien Frontiers was that you could have a couple of players plugging up the resources you really needed for most of the game, leaving you having to resort to stealing those items, via Space Pirates. Nothing gets people grumpier than stealing their hard earned bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sinfreealex wrote:
I meant the worker placement part.

I love how you can have a bidding war for cargo. One of the things I didn't like about Alien Frontiers was that you could have a couple of players plugging up the resources you really needed for most of the game, leaving you having to resort to stealing those items, via Space Pirates. Nothing gets people grumpier than stealing their hard earned bits.

I don't see much comparison. In Cargo Noir, there are only 3 "types" of places you can go. Scoring is all by set collection.

No board with "majority", No powers, no cards and of course no dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.