Subject: Rules ANSWERS that aren't on the website's FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kendelhardt
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Cool, this does help. And just to be clear, can you SHOOT through barricades? I figure I could build a barricade with a gun slit, but not sure what the rules intend. What about gas/liquor attacks?

And if an event card says "food:2" does that mean we have to feed DOUBLE the people? So if I had 3 people I would need to make 6 food? Is water just 1 unit or 2? The rules are a bit unclear.

I really want to like this game, but I gotta streamline it a bit. And add more cool stuff. Maybe a dog that can kill zombies inside the house but hasa chance of making noise. And can be sacrificed for food :p and no chainsaw (cuts wood and super HTH weapon), really?

And I'm playing that items brought by people into town don't count against the item limit, much simpler that way, just count cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Incoming Priority Message...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the rule clarifications and diagrams, Pete.

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blair lafferty

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete.

try as i might, i can not find the rule that says you may NOT fire through barricaded windows. not in the rules or the FAQ, unless i'm completely naff. i'm not doubting, i just want to know where that rule is located.

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Bringing this thread back to life.

Thanks for the rules clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
According to page 5 in the rule book, you lose 1 dice for every square beyond the first when taking a shot. This implies you can lose several dice when taking a long range shot.

Your clarification seems to imply you would never lose more than 1 dice when taking a shot - correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark youwontknow
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Quote:
There's nothing in the rules that I can find that prohibits shooting out of a barricaded window.

If an event says 2 food, each person consumes 2 food units, but of course this is affected by fridges, stoves, and whatnot. Example is if you have 4 people and no stove or fridges, you'd have to feed 8 units of food.

Items that are brought from town do not go against your item limits. Don't grab a chit when you bring back a gas can, just hold onto that card until you need it, then discard that card. You had that right.

I want to clarify on this.

Page 8 of the manual. 1 food feeds 4 people if you have a working stove. If you don't then 1 food feeds 2 people.

With the above rules if you draw a card that says food: 2 and you have 4 people in your household then you must feed 4 people twice. 4x2 is the equivelent of 8 people.

So if your stove is working you would spend 2 food units. (4 x 2 = 8)

If your stove is NOT working then you spend 4 food units. (2 x 4 = 8)

I just thought this might confuse people since I saw you wrote 8 units of food in the quote above.

Quote:

jason10mm wrote:
Cool, this does help. And just to be clear, can you SHOOT through barricades? I figure I could build a barricade with a gun slit, but not sure what the rules intend. What about gas/liquor attacks?

And if an event card says "food:2" does that mean we have to feed DOUBLE the people? So if I had 3 people I would need to make 6 food? Is water just 1 unit or 2? The rules are a bit unclear.

I really want to like this game, but I gotta streamline it a bit. And add more cool stuff. Maybe a dog that can kill zombies inside the house but hasa chance of making noise. And can be sacrificed for food and no chainsaw (cuts wood and super HTH weapon), really?

And I'm playing that items brought by people into town don't count against the item limit, much simpler that way, just count cards.

Water is considered 1 unit. If you have a card that says water:2 you expend 2 water. Its a straight forward resource.

For clarification on water see page 4 of the manual.
"If the water is contaminated, each player must spend a number of water as stated on the card no matter how many people you have."

*Please note you have unlimited water and do not need to use water if your water is not contaminated. Because a sink is not an appliance in this game it does not require power. The exception to this rule is fires. To put out a fire you will always use your water supply even if the water is not contaminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark youwontknow
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I have a good question here.

Page 3 of the manual under Zombie Movement it states:
"2. If not, the zombie moves into a space of your choice to the left or right (along the edge of the house). This may force another zombie to move to the left or right as well."

With normal play the person controlling the zombie is obviously the owner of the home so there is no issue. However if you see step 6 of the turn phase you will notice opponents can place zombies into another player's yard.

Question: Does this mean that if you use your action to add a zombie to an opponents yard that you will be able to determine the direction of zombie movement when given a choice to move a zombie left or right or is it always up to the home owner of the player to make this choice? This is NOT clear to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You get to place the new zombie where you want. The home owner decides how other zombies get pushed around as a result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.