Wings of War: WW2 Airplane Packs» Forums » General

Subject: What is the `I' maneuver deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Wings of War: The Dawn of World War II and also have some of the Series 1 miniatures - all these maneuver decks are marked A, B, C and D. I've just just noticed that the decks for the dive-bombers in the Series 2 miniatures (e.g. Junkers JU 87 Stuka, Aichi D3A1 Val) come instead with a maneuver deck marked I (see picture). Some time ago I wrote an article "Comparing Maneuver Decks A, B, C, and D". But now what exactly is the `I' maneuver deck, and how does it play differently than decks A, B, C, and D? It also appears these aircraft can shoot backwards and forwards, and are there other special rules?

Also: are the aircraft with the I maneuver deck still a suitable match-up when playing together with the aircraft that have A-D maneuver decks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Stukas and the japanese dive bombers are part of the Fire from the Sky box. In there are also decks E, F, G and H.

The I deck, as the dive bomber deck, has very low movement rates even at high speed and two additional special dive bomb attack maneuver cards.

The additional special rules from Fire from the Sky include more detailed bombing rules and rules and cards for anti air guns.

The I maneuver planes are no suitable matchup to other air combat planes, because they are meant to be bombers not fighters and should be used in scenarios that involve blowing up ground targets with fighter support as their cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These rules are also in the WW2 Deluxe box, since it is the starting point for the miniatures version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
which can be found here:http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/wings-of-war/m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ldsdbomber wrote:
thanks, remind me again what I need to make sure I have ALL the decks that make up the game.

I have WW1 Deluxe and Burning Drachens plus a mini of each type except the Fokker D.VII, so I assume I am good there

I have WW2 Deluxe, ALL the series 2 minis (3 of each = 12) and all the series 1 minis (just missing a few paint variations).

Do I need this Fire in the Sky to get these extra manoeuvre decks? I know each mini comes with its own manoeuvre deck so am hoping that I will have them all actually without yet realising

I can only speak for the WW2 version, because that's all I have. Short: no, you don't have all the maneuver decks there are, but all the ones the planes you own use.

There are no minis available yet for the E, F, G and H decks. There are: "Spitfire" = A, "Me 109" = B, "A6M2 Reisen" and "Hawker Hurricane" = C, "Grumman F4" and "Dewoitine" = D, "Stuka" and "Aichi D3A1 Val" = I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more will arrive with Series 3: they should be E (Ki.61, Re.2001, Yak 1) and H (P-40).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.