Popular Tags: [View All]
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, not sure if this has been answered or not but is there a consensus on whether multi-part videos should be submitted part by part or just the first part is enough.

I'm not sure how to geek-mod this and it comes up. I think that it clogs up the video page and is necessary. If you can watch the first part, then you can probably figure out how to continue to watch the other parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hyman
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote would be for all parts at this point, but then again I am partial since I do a video blog and most of them are in parts.

First, the videos are embedded and you don't get the related videos along with it like you do in YouTube. Yes, you can go to YouTube and search and find the other parts or the reviewer could post a link. But, having each part on BoardGameGeek is more convenient and the viewer stays on BoardGameGeek.

Second, I only get 1 GG for each part. I don't get more if modders see it as better quality. I put a lot of effort into my videos. I don't ask for donations. I do it mainly because I find it fun and want to share. But, it is rewarding to get the GG from the BGG community when I submit them. And for more complex games that end up being longer videos, I like getting more GG for those.

I do agree that having links to each part clogs up the video section of a game page, but I think there is a better way of designing it where we both could be happy: have the link point to a page where you either have the parts embedded or links to them and still geek-mod each part. I would also love to see varying levels of GG with videos as is done with written reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.