Berseko Duval
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I've been reading about the Heroes, monsters, villians and tokens that people want to appear in Legend of Drizzt. I was wondering about the card deck and the actual dungeon tiles that will come with it.

I think it would be cool to have 2 more chambers along with new chamber cards (how about a chamber card that combines both chambers?). How many cards do you think will be boon cards, treasure cards, etc. I think Wrath of Ashardalon has a good deck balance, but I would definetly change some encounter or treasure cards for more campaign focused cards.

What do you think? How would you tweak the card and tile decks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see caverns. Not really dungeon tiles, but not chambers either... not sure how this would work though. Thinner passages/corridors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They'd be replicas of the current tiles just with a change of graphics. Maybe a few tiles as a set for an underground river like the Chamber tiles, if that would even work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see an outdoor deck, like a forest or set of hills. But I'm 99% certain that won't happen with LoD, it'll probably be more caverns or an underdark theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forest could be done, just show the treetops as the impassable (walls) again copy the current tiles.
Hills, not so sure that could be done.
I think the most challenging tiles would be town or city tiles. Heroes walk down the streets or allys and enter into places. That would be a hard set to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Forest" was my first idea, too. I like the idea. With forest themed tiles you would actually get some new hardware compared to the existing games. And you would have something that potentially looks nicer than... gray and gray and black. (Ok, it might be brown and green and green - but at least those are colors!) The outdoor tiles of Descent are a nice example.

Might be used to enforce an ongoing campaign by showing different settings, glued together by some page of fluff (not just 2 lines).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love forest as well but was thinking of snow-covered tree tops and white pathways. Ideally, I'd like to see a mix of snow and underdark tiles. They'd be fitting for varying scenarios and could be combined pretty well, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Crosara
Italy
Montecchio Maggiore (VI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forest tiles would be really nice, but i wouldn't like treetop images on them. I would prefear a ground of dead leaves and roots with maybe some sporadic bush. Maybe a section of tree-trunk (as coffins in CR) which could work as a place where you can find hidden things.. Maybe also a couple of small pond tile (is "pond" the right word for small lake?).
And white/green thin lines to separate squares.

The real problem are the walls. I'm not sure i'd like treetop for walls and fitting a nice treetop picture on 1 or 2 squares could be difficult. maybe sections of dark colored tree-trunks? or just some big musky stones scattered through the forset? Yeah i think i'd like more the musky stones.

I would be satisfied even from cavern tiles (CR or WoA tiles with big mushrooms and violet/blue light effects)

Anyway from the little leaked info looks like it will be ancient dwarven fortress tiles or something like that.... but as for WoA back in October 2010.. i still have hope they change their minds..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berseko Duval
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I just hope they give the tiles a distinctive feel. CR was like big halls and sudden walls. WoA was big corridors and chambers (more dungeony IMO), I don't know how WoTC will represent a forest, Dwarven ruins or the underdark with tile layouts, there are not that many options so they need to make some sort of change in order to keep it fresh.

I wonder what will they use instead of bone piles or scorch marks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnorexicTroll wrote:
I wonder what will they use instead of bone piles or scorch marks...

Trees. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just want to add my vote for upcoming tiles.

caverns. under dark.

forests (foliage as walls are ok by me) with swamp 'dire chambers' natural creatures and fey monsters. swamps and lizard men. or maybe goblins.

sewers would be nice for the another box. or maybe a nice city streets with sewer chambers... carrion crawlers rats thieves and bandits. spiders. bugbear gangs.

it is difficult to maintain theme to enviro tile with a single random monster deck though. unless you split the monster decks into environment draw piles.

PS if the post above is correct, then "hall of giants"(?) might be a clue to the art style in drzztt then - you can look to the Wizards existing rpg "dungeon tiles" series for clues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh. and on a slightly unrelated side note, anyone think a Gamma World game in this adventure system style would be cool?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.