Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
how do I add the modules to the combat commander europe vassal module. I am having difficulty finding the instructions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
From the main VASSAL page (Module Library), right click on COMBAT COMMANDER: EUROPE and select ADD EXTENSION from the new menu. Then point to the saved extension modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm which file is it because I try the build file, extension data and module data from more than one module and get the error not a valid extension file

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I don't get it...when I download CC:Med - I see only the VMDX file which is the extension file. Where are you seeing these other things?

Or have you extracted the VMDX file itself? Don't do that. Leave it as a VMDX (compressed) file - that is what Vassal is expecting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no it was a zip that unpacked to the folder, i will take the zip and rename it to the extension file

The files I downloaded from GMT are packaged as a zip that unpacks to the raw files. The vmdx are generally just a rename of the zip extension but it does not seem to allow me to rename it and unpack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
From GMT, the VMDX is packaged in a ZIP, so you need only unzip it once to get the VMDX out.

Or is your computer unzipping on the download and then presenting the unzipped VMDX as a ZIP file? (I believe Mac's are overly helpful in this regard when they shouldn't be.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it is a mac and maybe I will see if i can open it then pull out the files

Yes it unpacks the zip as a vmdx then changes it to the folder I will try renaming the folder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
got it, I used stuffit expander and it unpacked the zip but left the vmdx alone

sometimes mac can be a little too much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.