Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Manoeuvre» Forums » General

Subject: "Fury" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Listening to the latest Point 2 Point podcast, they talked about an upcoming P500 title called 'Fury'. Essentially, it sound like a fantasy version of Manoeuvre.

Also knowing that Jeff is working on expansion armies for Manoeuvre (yay!), I was curious how similar Fury would be to Manoeuvre? Assuming Fury is a refined version of Manoeuvre, my concern is that it would take some of Manoeuvre's sales and we may not see as many expansion armies.

So, how different is Fury? Will it be worth owning both?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Interesting. Here's another hint at this in this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5547397#5547397

Will you be able to play the Manoeuvre armies against the "Fury" armies? Now that would be cool.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fury is a new and different version of Manoeuvre. It will not be compatable because there are some very different concepts. I just finished the Alpha work on it and I am now revising the cards and tiles and rewriting the rules. I hope to submit it as soon as the Point 2 Point contest ends.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Though fantasy games are good and all, I'm not to interested in playing orks vs prussians.

As far as concepts, I guess I'd just not want to see Manoeuvre get short changed if Fury has something neat, like a campaign system or solid multi-player rules. If something along those lines exist, it could be ported to Manoeuvre in some way, hopefully.

Anyway, I'm sure all is good. Looking forward to playing both games and seeing those Manoeuvre expansion armies!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please let me do the maps! Or, at least, don't let the people who did the Manoeuvre maps do the Fury ones...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlhiesterman wrote:
Please let me do the maps! Or, at least, don't let the people who did the Manoeuvre maps do the Fury ones...


It would probably be more helpful to say what you don't like about the Manoeuvre maps. We can't really guess.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pow
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
How about now?
badge
Steve SMASH!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
karlhiesterman wrote:
Please let me do the maps! Or, at least, don't let the people who did the Manoeuvre maps do the Fury ones...


It would probably be more helpful to say what you don't like about the Manoeuvre maps. We can't really guess.


Not enough water features!

Other than that, yeah, what's wrong with them? I like the maps!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A number of people have commented that they find the colors are rather garish, and the iconography of the features distinctly generic and non-Napoleonic, visually.

That's why I made a set that looks more Period: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/837522/manoeuvre

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlhiesterman wrote:
A number of people have commented that they find the colors are rather garish, and the iconography of the features distinctly generic and non-Napoleonic, visually.


Oh. Makes sense, then, but I like garish and generic.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmoridin wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
karlhiesterman wrote:
Please let me do the maps! Or, at least, don't let the people who did the Manoeuvre maps do the Fury ones...


It would probably be more helpful to say what you don't like about the Manoeuvre maps. We can't really guess.


Not enough water features!

Other than that, yeah, what's wrong with them? I like the maps!


More water, swamps & fields in the expansion if all goes well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.