Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back actor question. [NEVERMIND] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I introduced my son to Star Wars.

We ended up watching Empire too... of course he fell asleep during the movie, which is fine.

During the fight on Hoth, I saw this AT-AT captain-type person.

Who is this actor? Why does he look familiar?

I swear I've seen him before.

I looked on imdb.... but couldn't distinguish it.



NEVERMIND - I found him: Julian Glover

Also known as Walter Donovan from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

That's where I recognized.

-DK
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back actor question.
Is that General Veers? Alex says it is, but he doesn't look anything like that now.

(Which means he's in Pillars of the Earth, I think you said you were watching it).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He was also a Bond villian in "For Your Eyes Only"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He chose...poorly.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Guantanamo wrote:
Is that General Veers? Alex says it is, but he doesn't look anything like that now.

Definitely General Veers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scaroth!


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting bit of trivia - when Donovan is introduced for the first time in Last Crusade, he is entertaining guests at a dinner party. He leaves his party to talk to Indiana Jones. At one point, his wife comes into the room where he is talking to Indy, and in the background, you can here, very faintly, the "Imperial March" being played on the piano, presumably the music being played for his party.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
UndeadViking wrote:
Interesting bit of trivia - when Donovan is introduced for the first time in Last Crusade, he is entertaining guests at a dinner party. He leaves his party to talk to Indiana Jones. At one point, his wife comes into the room where he is talking to Indy, and in the background, you can here, very faintly, the "Imperial March" being played on the piano, presumably the music being played for his party.

I must check this.
*edit* Confirmed, at 19:34. Dammed hard to hear initially, but if you know what it is supposed to be, you can make it out. Cool. Thanks for this bit of trivia.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also cast to play Grand Maester Pycelle in the upcoming HBO treatment of A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I thought this thread was going to be about Major Bren Derlin - where at the Mos Eisley Cantina, "everyone knows his name".


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
Today I introduced my son to Star Wars.

We ended up watching Empire too... of course he fell asleep during the movie, which is fine.

During the fight on Hoth, I saw this AT-AT captain-type person.

Who is this actor? Why does he look familiar?

I swear I've seen him before.

I looked on imdb.... but couldn't distinguish it.



NEVERMIND - I found him: Julian Glover

Also known as Walter Donovan from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

That's where I recognized.

-DK


All these years and I've never made the connection that that is who it was.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Is that General Veers? Alex says it is, but he doesn't look anything like that now.

(Which means he's in Pillars of the Earth, I think you said you were watching it).


Yeah, and I meant to say Game of Thrones, not Pillars.

I knew it was a movie made after a game though.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Guantanamo wrote:
Is that General Veers? Alex says it is, but he doesn't look anything like that now.

(Which means he's in Pillars of the Earth, I think you said you were watching it).


Yeah, and I meant to say Game of Thrones, not Pillars.

I knew it was a movie made after a game book though.


FTFY.

-DK
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
Guantanamo wrote:
Guantanamo wrote:
Is that General Veers? Alex says it is, but he doesn't look anything like that now.

(Which means he's in Pillars of the Earth, I think you said you were watching it).


Yeah, and I meant to say Game of Thrones, not Pillars.

I knew it was a movie made after a game book though.


FTFY.

-DK


It's all about the games (oh except in chit chat)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
manowarplayer wrote:

I thought this thread was going to be about Major Bren Derlin - where at the Mos Eisley Cantina, "everyone knows his name".



You know his voice sounds completely different in this scene. I was surprised when he sounded pretty much like I was expecting when I saw him in Superman.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.