Popular Tags: [View All]
Neal Stidham
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been able to find any real information on what's changing in Fantasy Flight's version (other than the price). If it's all the same, I'd just buy one of the cheaper Asmodee/AEG copies, but if the game has actually been improved in some significant way, I can afford to hold off. What's the scoop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at the rule book on the FFG site, and it appears to be unchanged. It still even has the weird little typo in the word haven't in the last question on page 23. That's a shame (not the typo; it's some of the other rules that bother me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designers said in another post that it would be a straight up reprint.
So you can safely buy the Asmodee edition.

Troll and Toad currently has a few copies left for $20, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Stidham
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spartaco Albertarelli
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
FFG is distributing the same game previously distributed by asmodee and printed by Dustgames.

When the stock is over they will decide about the future edition of the game.

In this moment we are working on an iPad edition of Magnifico and we are also testing some few new rules.

We'll soon publish this new set of optional rules on www.kaleidosgames.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spartaco wrote:
and we are also testing some few new rules.

Do you have an estimate on how long it will take to complete testing?
I just made a player reference sheet and am eager to get it laminated. But with variants on the horizon I guess I'll have to wait...

Also, have you considered some kind of catch-up mechanism should a player come far behind early in the game?

And finally - Great Game! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spartaco Albertarelli
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I'm happy you enjoyed the game!

We are developing an iPad version of the game so we are testing some new rules especially developed for this version, but I don't know if they will be included in any future edition of the board game.

By the way, the main changes should be:

1. A different mix of Leonardo's projects during the auction (with 4 players there will be 1 tank/plane and 2 "standard" projects).

2. A different way of moving troops: max 2 "zones", including the sea areas, at a cost of 10 florins, no limits to the total number of movements as long as you can pay for them.

3. A level 5 Castle grants 10 florins every turn and an axtra man during the recruitment phase.

4. The artworks of Leonardo will be immediatelly played (no need to pay for them after the auction), but they can't be acquired during the auction at a cost lower then the price indicated on the card.

Of course the optional rules that have already been published on the web will become official.

The iPad version of the game will include also a couple of new projects that very unlikely will be printed in the bord game edition.

If you like, you can test the game usign this new set of rules and let me know your opinion.

Ciao

Spartaco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BlackFire 1929
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello,
Any news to the iPad version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.