Age of Steam Expansion: Paris & Moscow» Forums » Rules

Subject: AoS: Paris link limit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Each player can build only one link between each pair of districts. Does this mean the link between two districts can be claimed by more than one person?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so. I think that rule is simply referring to the fact that there are multiple instances of links that both connect the same two districts.

Alban, of course, has the definitive final word on this, but the idea of multiple links being present never even occurred to me because it is such a rare rule. When in doubt, assume standard rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Where are you seeing the possibility for multiple links connecting the same two districts? Looking at the map, the Blue 3--Blue 3--Yellow 2 connection might qualify, but that's the only one I see. And if it does, then we have another barely-discernible, Last Train to Wensleydale, just-touching adjacency thing going on.

On second thought, there might be another at the top right corner of Red 1. Ugh. The ambiguity is kind of like LttW...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay Gary, the two spots you mentioned are the two that I noticed.

I asked Alban, and he confirmed my interpretations, one disc per space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the clarification, Michael. Looking forward to trying this map out.

One more question, this time about the Fly Boat action. A yellow cube can be delivered from Purple 4 to Yellow 1 as a 1-link delivery, right? And any link markers along the river to get that yellow cube there can be ignored, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
CortexBomb wrote:
Sorry for the delay Gary, the two spots you mentioned are the two that I noticed.

I asked Alban, and he confirmed my interpretations, one disc per space.

Sorry, still not clear. I just played this map and we wondered about this rule, too. We decided that it was just an error, and that the rule is not actually required. But are you saying that there ARE in fact 2 links on this map which each connect to 3 districts?

(those would be yellow 2 - blue 3 - blue 3 and red 1 - white - white)

That would essentially be the equivalent of a forking track, which would be a first in Age of Steam, as far as I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One spot connects only 2 districts.
Some spots are not well drawn and should be discussed before one game.
Be the most logical -;(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
Some spots are not well drawn and should be discussed before one game.
Be the most logical -;(

Yup, we did -- and decided as you answered. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
nabla wrote:

Oh my. This contradicts what Michael said when I originally posed this question, which is that you confirmed his interpretation: there are multiple instances of links that both connect the same two districts.

To be perfectly clear: No forking links in this map, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the question to Michael was : How many player discs on each spot ? And I answered ONLY ONE
Yes no forking links in the original rules. That's not a big issue if every player agreed to play the same rules at the beginning. But that's a different map if you allow the forking links between few districts...

I am designing two new expansions in the human body, or in the brain for 2015...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
I am designing two new expansions in the human body, or in the brain for 2015...

Funny you should say that! Two people I played with thought the Paris map looked like a brain -- they thought the cubes could be messages passing from neuron to neuron!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.