Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Rallyman» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on changing in & out of the inner track on corners in one turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I get an email, and after I translate it into English I find I'm being investigated due to my time in the Monte Carlo Rallye. I'm not a cheater, but it's possible I'm playing something incorrectly.

The only thing I could think of that I'm misplaying is transitioning from the drift spaces of a corner to the inside line, and vice versa, so just to be sure, here we go:

A fast corner, two spaces, inside track is a 4/4, outside is 5/5/5/5. If I enter the corner in 5th gear and end my turn, I should be at the first drifting space, and I should get a 5th gear card. Next turn, if I do a Gas-4-Gas, that should allow me to exit the corner, correct? The first gas puts me in the 2nd drifting space, then the 4th moves me into the second inside line space, then the second Gas takes me into the first space beyond the corner, correct?

If we examine this corner differently, let's imagine I enter the corner with a 4-5-Gas. The 4 should put me in the first inside line space of the corner, then the 5th should put me into the 3rd drifting space, then the Gas should take me to the 4th and final drifting space of the corner, correct?

Cameron
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just making sure I'm doing this correctly...
Both scenarios sounds okay to me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just making sure I'm doing this correctly...
When I briefly looked at a results table of one rally (not sure if it was yours), I found some drivers had accumulated more time attack chips than the track has fields. I thought this is only possible if you spin and thus gain more chips than you drive fields, but it may also be possible if you drive corners as you describe. You use two dice for one field of the corner, and if you do this very often, the result may look suspicious even if you did everything correctly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just making sure I'm doing this correctly...
Honestly I have no problem re-doing any stage, if they so desire. What I've started doing now is writing down every turn, partly for error checking, and partly so I can go back after my times are submitted to try some alternative methods of attacking corners.

Does anyone know if the Ace Driver ability is allowed in Rallye Sweden?

Cameron
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just making sure I'm doing this correctly...
Zeede wrote:
Honestly I have no problem re-doing any stage, if they so desire. What I've started doing now is writing down every turn, partly for error checking, and partly so I can go back after my times are submitted to try some alternative methods of attacking corners.

Does anyone know if the Ace Driver ability is allowed in Rallye Sweden?

Cameron


I think the Ace Driver is available all year. I only used it in the first rally, but I think others were using it in Monte Carlo.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just making sure I'm doing this correctly...
Hmm, I don't really know HOW to use it, but when I take on Sweden it might be nice to know I have the option to roll up to two dice again on the same turn.

The trick is knowing where to do it...

Cameron
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just making sure I'm doing this correctly...
Zeede wrote:
So I get an email, and after I translate it into English I find I'm being investigated due to my time in the Monte Carlo Rallye. I'm not a cheater, but it's possible I'm playing something incorrectly.

The only thing I could think of that I'm misplaying is transitioning from the drift spaces of a corner to the inside line, and vice versa, so just to be sure, here we go:

A fast corner, two spaces, inside track is a 4/4, outside is 5/5/5/5. If I enter the corner in 5th gear and end my turn, I should be at the first drifting space, and I should get a 5th gear card. Next turn, if I do a Gas-4-Gas, that should allow me to exit the corner, correct? The first gas puts me in the 2nd drifting space, then the 4th moves me into the second inside line space, then the second Gas takes me into the first space beyond the corner, correct?

If we examine this corner differently, let's imagine I enter the corner with a 4-5-Gas. The 4 should put me in the first inside line space of the corner, then the 5th should put me into the 3rd drifting space, then the Gas should take me to the 4th and final drifting space of the corner, correct?

Cameron


The both solutions are okay, you're a good driver !
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Bouvier
France
Saint-Didier en Velay
Auvergne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just making sure I'm doing this correctly...
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
When I briefly looked at a results table of one rally (not sure if it was yours), I found some drivers had accumulated more time attack chips than the track has fields. I thought this is only possible if you spin and thus gain more chips than you drive fields, but it may also be possible if you drive corners as you describe. You use two dice for one field of the corner, and if you do this very often, the result may look suspicious even if you did everything correctly.


Some time it is better tu use inside trajectory, in other cases it is better to go on slipping spaces. It depend of next or previous corner, and if you want to catch more seconds.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.