Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Psistakis
Greece
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

1) Monarchy and Gunpowder can obsolete an ancient and an ancient\medieval wonder respectively. That means that I can use it towards another player's wonder?

2) Mass Media state that my culture event cannot be cancelled, regardless of other game effects. As I understand it and after reading some other posts about mass media and UN, if you have mass media you can throug ha culture event to a palyer with the UN wonder. Is that valid?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geodian wrote:
Hi,

1) Monarchy and Gunpowder can obsolete an ancient and an ancient\medieval wonder respectively. That means that I can use it towards another player's wonder?

2) Mass Media state that my culture event cannot be cancelled, regardless of other game effects. As I understand it and after reading some other posts about mass media and UN, if you have mass media you can throug ha culture event to a palyer with the UN wonder. Is that valid?

Thanks!

1) Yes. No need to obsolete your own wonders you can just overbuild them. They are definitely for using against other players and their wonders.

2) UN makes the player unable to be targeted by events (without permission) so you can't target him with an event. If you successfully target someone then they cannot block (cancel) the effect from taking place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Psistakis
Greece
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for the reply...
dlhammond wrote:

2) UN makes the player unable to be targeted by events (without permission) so you can't target him with an event.

so esentially if you have the UN you are pretty much immune from cultural events except if you "like" them
dlhammond wrote:
If you successfully target someone then they cannot block (cancel) the effect from taking place.

So you can target everyone except the UN player.

Did I understood correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of now UN is the only thing preventing targeting by cultural events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.